cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to determine directory name where file is to be posted dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my Idoc to file scenario implementation, I need to put the file generated after mapping in a directory (via FTP) but the determination of the directory is dynamic and based on one of the fields in the incoming idoc.

I mean the Idoc which comes from the SAP system has a field which gives the store number (length 4) like S001, S002 etc. Now based on this store number I have to determine the folder in which that file has to be posted, folder like STORES001, STORES002 etc. which is already there in the file server.

Hence I have to read that field in idoc and apend it to "STORE" and put that in the target directory field of the communication channel. Can you please help me in achieving this step by step.

The receiver is the same file system just the folder/directory where the file has to be put is different.

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Yash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yash,

I have a different solution for your problem provided you have less number of stores.

u take different communication channels for different folders.

give condition at interface determination so that it goes to particular communication channel only.

u also can take different communication channels with different business systems and give condition at receiver determination step.

this will be simple only when there are less number of stores.

hope this solves your problem

Regards,

Pavani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani...

your solution seems to be simplier to implement. The problem I have here is at present I have only 4 stores so now i can create 4 communication channels now and solve the problem. But the number of stores will go on increasing with time. What can be done here is whenever a new store is opened, a new communication channel has to be created (just copy object the previous one and change a few attributs. thats it i guess) to catter to that store.

Will this give performanace issue if the number of stores are large.. say 300 stores?

Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

I tried following your solution but I am facing a problem. I have created different communication cahnnel for different folders and also different receiver agreement with each communication channel. but how will i give the condition in interface determination?

normally we can give conditions in Receiver Determination but here that wont work because we will ahve only one interface determination.

Can you please explain you detials in more detials so that i can implement it? If you want you can mail me at yash_always@yahoo.co.in.

waiting for your reply.

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yash,

I forgot to tell you one more impotant thing which may again a performance issue here .

You need to create different interfaces for different communication channels/ order stores.

regards,

Pavani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved. I used Variable substitution by addition an extra field in my target message as store number towards the end and usung it in communication channel.

thanks for the help.

Yash

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read the section Variable Substitution (Target Directory/File Name Scheme) in how to configure the receiver file adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for the response. I went thru the Variable Substitution section of the given SAP library help but what I could understand is that it can be used if the runtime value is there in the target message. I mean in my case if the Store number is there in the target file structure, i can use it. But this is not the case. I have the store number in the incoming Idoc structure which is not mapped to any file in the target file structure. How can that be used here?

Also can we append any constant value (say "Store") in the beginning of the value of the reference variable?

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>not mapped to any file in the target file structure. How can that be used here?

pretty simple,use adapter specific message attributes,get the store number from sender IDOC and map this to receiver file's directory attribute(use UDF for this),then on the receiver side enable the directory attribute

Other approach is to use Variable substitution and ASMA in conjunction,you simply map Store number to any header parameter(make sure you don't overwrite the standard parameters) and then use this in variable substitution.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash,

See the following blogs:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean

I think the first one will solve your problem.

Regards,

Divija.