Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Hunter..

former_member188829
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Amruth Kumar and Chandra Prakash are Same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188829
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Vishnu

Edited by: Vishnu Reddy on Dec 21, 2007 12:40 PM

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

We are looking into the matter. Thank-you for bringing it to our attention.

In case of such future issues please send a mail to sdn@sap.com.

thanks,

Gali

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gali,

What does it mean: "We are looking into the matter."

Nothing much seemed to happen... On the other hand I have plenty of examples of these kind of point hunting (i.e. one person answers 5-6 questions of the same user and receives all the points). I reported these with the 'Report abuse' button (with all the links), but again nothing seemed to happen.

thanks

ec

former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Looking into the matter is just that. Once something has been reviewed, if action is needed it is taken. Many users have been warned or deleted due to the community's diligence. In some cases there are speculations of gaming but can't be proved and then no action is taken immediately.

Thank-you for caring about this issue please continue to use the the abuse button if you find cases of gaming. I assure we are checking each case.

Regards, Gali

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked this before but never got an answer: Someone mentioned an automated process to send an email, does the abuse button automatically email the poster?

I don't think this would be good. In some cases you may not want to alert the abuser to the fact that they have been reported.

Cheers,

Mike

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abuse button alerts the moderators not the abuser.

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In some cases there are speculations of gaming but can't be proved and then no action is taken immediately."

Can you let me know what proof do you need? Each case I reported were simple: A user has 3-4-5 questions, all questions are answered by a specific user and he receives all the points. Any case I reported, nothing seemed to happen. (I would expect first delete the points and/or the quesitons, second the user itself, if he does not give up.)

I don't know if you follow the conversation here: . Looks like everyone is convienced, what is happenning, however no action is taken by the moderators.

I understand you have lots of things to do, but this would be a great move toward quality.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

> Abuse button alerts the moderators not the abuser.

[This thread|; seems to indicate otherwise, so one of us is confused

Cheers,

Mike

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, the case of the multiple Jacobs was easy. They have been erased. They were dumber than most and made it some elementary mistakes which I could track. This isn't the case all the time. While it may seem frustrating to you, it would be more frustrating if I were to delete two real users that we assumed were the same person simply because the answer to a question is given within an extremely short time span. And yes, to my knowledge there is nothing "illegal" at this point for two separate individuals to IM each other about asking questions and then giving answers. Admittedly, they could be a bit brighter about it and allow at least 5 minutes to pass, but not everyone is as smart as us.

Also worthy of note. The thread cited concerning X and Y contains links to a number of different threads involving many people. This Jacobs deal is only the most recent one added to that thread. Others in it, I have investigated and could not prove categorically that the questioner and answerer were the same person. I'm currently using a kind of US Judicial system based theory in which guilt must be beyond the shadow of a doubt. Naturally, I can't list out all the things that I look for behind the scenes to deduce whether I have a duplicate person as that would defeat my investigative methods.

I know the forums team met recently and discussed this problem. I am sure they will be coming out with guidelines as to what I should use as a barometer for deciding these things. Until such time, I will continue to do these based on my current methodology.

Sorry, but as a famous US president once said, "You can't please all of the people all of the time".

Regards,

David

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

@Mike - Marilyn is correct. The abuse button populates a report that is available to the forums managers inside an administrative URL that can be accessed only by them. I have seen the report so I can testify it is real.

As I mentioned in my reply to Eric, there were meetings recently in which these problems were discussed. I am sure there will be some instructions forthcoming as to what will be done in these cases. For now, I can tell you that they do send me requests to delete users for the most egregious cases they find using the report.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David - actually, I think the judicial standard is usually "reasonable doubt" not "shadow of a doubt".

And I noticed that the two Jacobs were from two different countries. Were you able to reconcile that?

Rob

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

@Rob - Sure - my own way of saying reasonable. I was trying to really say that this is different than the US civil court standard saying "preponderance" which would be more like what people were asking for here.

The country difference was due to one registration being attached to his customer's account. He actually had a total of 5 accounts but appeared to be only using two for the purpose discussed.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>He actually had a total of 5 accounts but appeared to be only using two for the purpose discussed.

He might have planned to use the other 3 Ids when some one catches them while point hunting using the first 2 ids. But you were a party spoiler for him.

Regards,

Jaishankar

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

So just to confirm: Mark's statement in the thread I referred to is incorrect and he is the confused one? There is no automated email that goes out to the person being reported?

Sorry to be persistent, I want to be completely clear on this. I used the report facility before for reasons other than point hunters, a completely different issue that may be better off investigated quietly without alerting the person. If an automated email is sent then I'd rather send an email to sdn@theusual.com for similar cases.

Cheers,

Mike

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

@Mike - nope - no automated email goes to the user, but a report gets populated the the forum managers use.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow!

Rob

Former Member
former_member46
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm locking this thread. Please send any future possible point hunters to sdn@sap.com

Thank you, Gali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't call them point hunters when they are actually donating..

Happy donating!

When you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing (Mat 6:3) - I don't have any comments on SDN donating based on points / techical contributions.

The easiest way to solve the points problem is to remove the top contributing companies list because that's the best way for many companies to market its presence in SAP to SAP customers. I had already told this many years ago to remove the list - instead, SDN enhanced it! because, it is the best way to have more active user base. I am not against it or towards it, but if you want to grow roses, you will certainly have thorns.

Edited by: Felix Jeyareuben (Link updated)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again your logic is flawed as most "point hunters" those abusing the system do not actually use their company email addresses 95% use gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc. There's no relation or correlation there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need for a point hunter to use his true identity as he has the liberty to change his email id with ease.

How can you say my logic is flawed when I have worked for three top companies you can see in the list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes but the bulk of the point hunters a good 90% are caught at some point and their companies find out about it - we are not playing games anymore if you are caught we make sure your company knows.

If you use a non company id and change it later it gets noticed - most do not do this.

So your logic that removing the top company list will remove the point hunters is what is flawed. Most who abuse are out for personal gain not to promote their company (we know we deal with all of it). Sure there are a few exceptions but not the bulk of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't understand a few things...

What can a company do with any point hunter? The best and the only thing a company can tell is not to use official email id anywhere that brings disgrace to the company if it is being contacted by SDN.

What role does a company have in a developer forum? The company has no role in pushing a developer to visit or blog or reply in any external forums. It can only suggest sites to visit. Well, SDN is an external site/forum to any company which it has no control.

The only best reason which I can think of is my logic because companies seems to take a greater role in the point system using SDN specifically for marketing.

Personally, I stopped using company email id a year ago and use only my personal email id.

Also, when someone changes his/her email, it is not authenticated.. which means, xyz@corp.abc.com or pqrs@corp.abc.com does not really need to exist! but the points accumulated will reflect on corp.abc.com.

This is personally my opinion about the point system / and my suggestion too to remove the top companies list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surprisingly every company has something referred to as a Business Code of Conduct which affects every employee while at work or not at work - now does that mean we run and tell on someone when the do something wrong? No we don't but we do ensure that each and every company is aware when a problem does exist.

There many of those relationships we've helped to increase the quality of content available to the community and working together with groups has been quite rewarding on both sides to ensure the best information is available.

Sure we've had in the past were some companies have attempted to use their position as a whole to better position themselves, many individuals do the same thing we do not endorse anyone, if recognized it's for their contribution not for their points - points come with contribution but the companies and individuals benefiting from participating in the community often tell us "someone read that blog I wrote" or "someone saw my session at Community" NEVER NEVER have we been told "I nailed that job because I earned 1000 points" this is where your logic is flawed companies do not make contracts based on how many points someone earned on SDN or BPX.

To some it might seem that way but it's simply is not. People and groups are recognized for their contribution and when they prove they know what they are talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check:

[Satyanarayana Vankadari|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.sdn.folder.sdn!2fcom.sap.sdn.folder.application!2fcom.sap.sdn.folder.iviews!2fcom.sap.sdn.folder.crp!2fcom.sap.sdn.app.crp.mypoints?userid=0C00dUNJn7YQ%2F%2FNUCngxjw%3D%3D]

(and his cohort(s)).

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice find Rob.

Hope you have informed sdn@sap.com or used the Abuse button and reported this.

It is guys like this who bring a shame to all guys who really want to help and get helped. The fact that most disturbs me here is this guy is from a very reputed company and this is the second time I am seeing a guy from this company being involved in such acts in the past few weeks.

Regards,

Jaishankar

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob,

Good find! People are going crazy. He is doing mistake, atleast do with some sense! Poster posted the question @ 4:22 PM, immediately he is answering with more than 2000 words in a minute(@ 4:23 PM), if it goes like this I think we human will win over the computer processing :-).

I read in some of your other thread, if forum moderators take this into action and consider by reducing the text area content, so that the copying and pasting might get reduced. I won't say don't copy and paste, do it , but instead of copying the whole content why can't simply give the link so that the person could refer it?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just one click further:

[;

grtz,

Koen

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sushant singh doesn'ts seem to be a points hunter, but more of someone who wants step by step help. Anyone who wants to become a human installation document could get a lot of points