cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer setting to print in background ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im using F110 to print cheque and advice . I have set in a way to print the advice on the default PC printer (LOCL) and the cheque on a dotmatrix printer that i have created on SPAD. When i test this advice and cheque using TEST TRANSACTION , i could print both advice and cheque at the same time on different printer at the same time. But F110 creates a background job and the jobs triggers the print.

The setting on SPAD for my printers,

1) DOTMATRIX(Cheque)

device attribute -> devicetype = TWSPWIN ,

Device class = Standard printer

Access method -> Hot spool access method = F F:Printing on front end printer , HOST PRINTER = <My network printer name(dotmatrix)> , I have also CHECKED (X) "NO DEVICE SELECTION AT FRONTEND"

2) 1) LOCL

device attribute -> devicetype = TWSPWIN ,

Device class = Standard printer

LOCATION = <Location of the printer >.

Access method -> Hot spool access method = F F:Printing on front end printer , HOST PRINTER = __DEFAULT.

Im sure that 'F F:Printing on front end printer' will print when i execute in foreground . But F110 executes the print in background, hence the spool created results in error "frountend unavailable" .

How can i handle this issue . Should i configure the printer to which i need to send advice in SAP instead of using LOCAL . If i configure what are the parameters i need to maintain w.r.t background execution as im now using 'F F:Printing on front end printer ' on access method.

Please advice .

Thanks,

Jeeva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clues guys ! cold someone throw some light over the printer setup to print in background. Im not sure over the access method in SPAD .

Thanks,

Jeeva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeeva,

I cannot give you the details for the printer configuration but I am sure that you can not print using printer LOCL in background. In background this will always error out as is your case at the moment. You need to define the printer in SPAD.

You can try the access method as L. We have a printer with similar config used for background printing.

Regards,

Anurag