cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport using CMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an XI 3.0 system with its SLD, and a lot of developments on it.

We installed PI 7.0 on another server, with its own SLD, and we would like to import the products, software components, business systems and technical systems, and the repository and directory content from XI 3.0 system.

With CMS, are we able to also import the SLD content?

If not, how can we do without to manually recreate all the objects of the SLD?

Thanks a lot,

Gregory Paris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can select the thins which you want to tranport in SLD, for more details check this lnk

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f7...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Thanks for your answer!

I have exported the CR Line, technical and business systems, and everything is ok, I can import repository and directory content with no problem.

Thanks!

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about CMS but I think it can be done via file transport (though not sure about XI to PI thing).

Try to do it via file transport mechanism.

Regards,

Gourav

---

Reward points if it is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your reply.

But I would like to find a way to transport the SLD content.

I have seen that I can export the content with the Administration -> Export menu, but all the content is exported, I don't have the choice of which software component I will export...

Thanks,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

During import try to select which object you want to import, as per my knowledge selective export/import should be possible.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to import an exported file but I don't have the choice of which object I will import...

Thanks,

Greg

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not do SLD imports with CMS. This has to be done Import export feature in SLD. You would need admin rights for that.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks VJ.

But can I select the objects I want to import on my new SLD? Because I don't want to import all the objects, and I didn't find how to select them in the export - import functions.

Thanks,

Greg

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Definetly. You can export only the things you want in Products, SWC and Technical Sytems as well as Business Systems.

VJ