cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM version 7.00 SP 09 using wrong port to connect J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I've installed a portal instance JC02. It's up and running fine. When deploying SDA's via SDM, it's trying to connect to localhost and port 50004 when it should be using 502004. I cannot find any properties files under the SDM directory that has this configuration. Anyone know where I can change the port number SDM should be using?

Thanks

BTW : This is an installation on Solaris 10

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

you can change the ports in the file sdmrepository.sdc. It lies in the folder SDM\program\config.

You should actually be able to give in the connection information in the first screen of the SDM RemoteGUI. You can give in the host name and the port there. SDM normally uses a port that ends with 18. For instance - 50118.

Bye,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer, but the sdmrepository.sdc doesn't have port defined in there for the J2EE engine. SDM is running on port 50204, the correct port. The problem I am having is when I try to deploy and SCA file, SDM is trying to connect to the J2EE instance on port 50004 and fails. SDM should be using port 50204. I can connect using the visual admin just fine on this host and port 50204 and user J2EE_ADMIN. Here's the error in the sdm log:

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [sapbwdev] with user name: [J2EE_ADMIN]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is

com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

sapbwdev:50004 Reason: Cannot open connection on host: 10.55.1.105 and port: 50004]

So where can I change the port to use 50204?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant SDM is running on port 50218, the correct port and I can connect to SDM just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

sorry, I misunderstood the problem. It is indeed strange that the installation did not take the instance number into account.

You can set it right through the Config Tool though. Start the config tool, and click on secure store. There you see the entry admin/port/J2E.

Enter the new value, save it and restart the server as well SDM. I hope that should do the trick.

Bye!

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer thanks! That did it, what an easy fix. Thanks

Answers (0)