cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC TO FILE SCENARIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was configuring IDOC TO FILE SCENARIO USING BUSSINESS SERVICE using satish jaiswal's step by step guide.

I have a problem regarding Logical system.I have created a Logical Systemin BD54 and assinged it to my bussiness system in SLD.Now in ID also I am suppose to give Logical system while creating the bussiness service.

So please answer my Questions:

1.Is it neccessary to have a bussiness service when I have a bussiness System.

2.I tried changing logical system name in SLD but it is not getting reflected in ID.

Please help me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

Please refer to complete walkthroug for idoc to file scenario.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

1. You have to create a business service in ID for the reciever, wherein you will have to declare your inbound interface and communication channel for the reciever.

2.The logical system that you have to use in this scenario has been defined on R3. Hence i feel that you have to change it on the R3 side.

Cheers,

Hari.

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

I think ur busines system is the sender one frm there u send the idoc to the reciiver business service.

Follow the link given by MIchell

if u create a business system that means it must configure in ur System landscape.

follow the process to assign the business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use SAP R/3 as one business system & SAP XI as another buisiness system.

Creation of of business service is not relevant when you just want to generate file in the SAP XI directory from the incoming IDOC.

Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which is ur receiver?? Your first question depends on receiver if u have receiver business system in ID then u dont need business service..

Also remember that if u have created ur business system in SLD then u have to import it in directory otherwise it will not be of any use.

For ur second question u have to reimport it i think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhna,

From where to import Bussiness system in ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to objects tab in directory -> service without party-> Business system (Right click)-> Assign Business System -> Continue -> continue -> select ur business system n click finish

Rewards points if helpful...

Regards

Sadhna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

1.Is it neccessary to have a bussiness service when I have a bussiness System -->No you dont need to have a Business service when you have a Business system,

2.I tried changing logical system name in SLD but it is not getting reflected in ID --> You can try in the objects tab->service without party and add the system to your scenario.

And you need to create a RFC destination also along with your Logical System.

Hope this solves your purpose.

Award points if it helps.

-Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If you have Business system to communicate each other menas no need of business service.

2) Change the logical system in R/3 side & Assign the same ligical sys name in SLD.

Follow this BLOG

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Regards

Seshagiri