cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects Distribution at various components

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have a requirement in which mapping objects and interface objects are created in diff Software Components.

for example against a requirement we are creating mapping objects in one software component say XYZ and interface objects corresponding to this requirement in different component say ZXY.

In configuration part we are integrating objects at different components in to one scenario,

what we implement may be performance bottleneck ,as XI engine need to switch between componnets for executing the configuration scenario.

like if message mapping is allocated in one Page of 64k against a component and coreespoding data type Software Component in other page then engine needs to fetch this scattered data at runtime which will eventually reduce the performance.

can i through any inputs on our analaysis,is it recommended to use different components for storing parts of interface object and mappings against one scenario.

how XI really treats these Software components at runtime

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

The approach mentioned used by you is a good approach. Infact it is one of the best practises.

This can be used when there are different source and target systems. The interface objects specific to source are placed in one SWC and those of target are placed in a different SWC. (Like data types, message types, message interfaces, RFC and Idoc structures etc). The interfafce objects which are common to both source and target are placed in a separate SWC.(Like message mappings, interface mappings etc.) In ID however all these are used in a single configuration scenario. This is a standard practise and it is recommended. I cannot however comment on the performance bottlenecks which may arise because of such an approach.

Following such an approach will however increase the comlexity from a developer's point of view. For ex, in a message mapping, the source structure will be from a particular namespace and the target structure will be from a different namespace. But I also believe this approach will increase the reusability on some of the objects.

Regards,

Divija.

Edited by: Divija KN on Dec 20, 2007 1:50 PM