cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named search in SRM MDM 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am working on SRM MDM catalog in that i want to explore on named search.

In the Data manager, Named Search Table i have created new named search and assigned this to some records available in the record mode, then saved and restore that search and pass it on to the SRM as Attribute.

But i m not able to see those records in the catalog.

so, can anyone tell me about:

1) what are the main functionality that named search provides which can be apply on the available records.

2) how to apply those to the records.

3) how to retrive the resulted records in the catalog.

thanks in Advance,

swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Using Named searches you can impose dynamic restriction on any catalog User. for example suppose you have two users; user1 and user2 assigned to role Catalog user. and you want to restrict user 1 using some search ( i.e. to see only records which belongs to particular product group like Office supplies. Then using data manager first create a named search. for creating a new named search proceed as follows:

. Select the table as named searches and create a new named search by right clicking and adding one more record in the table.

Now select your main table as destination table and apply any search; for example in this example, select product group as office supplies and then go to <b>Search-->Save search as named search</b>

now your current search will be saved as named search. now when you specify this search in the parameters of integrated call structure of catalog web service then only records which belongs to product group office supplies will be displayed on the catalog.

Hope this solves your query. revert to be for further queries.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shiv,

i have done exactly the same what u said, but after assigning name in fornt of the named search in the URL it shows me all the records instead of specific.

so, is there any setting in the URL or in Data Manager.

thanks,

swapnil

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

i have mentioned all the required settings.

Let me check this and if i have missed any thing then i will get back to you with the result.

Thanks,

Shiv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks Shiv, any response will be appreciated, and also let me whether named search also provides the same functionality as MASKED.

Because, also in masked we can restrict the user from accessing all the record, so then what is the difference between two.

Swapnil

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Named searched are different from Masks in the sense that Mask is a static subset of records while Named searches are dynamic in nature.

Suppose you add new records to the MDM repository then those will not be reflected in a catalog, in case, mask is specified as a constraint untill we add records to the masks manually. while in case of named searched, if those records fulfills the search criteria then those will reflected to the catalog automatically.

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shiv,

Following things i understood from ur previous post:

let suppose, We have 1000 records in our repository, from that 500 record we have assigned to one mask called consumable in that we have assinged named search called (named_search_1 with 300 records and named_search_2 with 200) this is a completion of 500 records.

Now, we add additonal 500 records to the repository so total repository records will become 1,500 records.

then, named_search_1 will find for its criteria within new 500 records and any records matches then it will straight away add those records to the name_search_1.

is it my understanding is proper towards the name search working.

i suppose we r almost there.

suggestion appreciated.

swapnil

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shiv,

It shows me all the records of the mask, is it something that either i have to pass mask or named search as a parameter ot the URL to locate the items.

what i did:

1)Assigned the role and mask to the user in Console

2)opened the data manager with the same user name.

3)assigned the named search to the mask.

4)in URL assigned the mask,named search and user name.

it shows me all the records assigned to the mask, i agree that this is also possible then the problem is that,

1)if it shows all the records of the mask then named search are not applied to the records.

(the mask has 10 records in that 5 will be named search then it should show me 5 records specific to that)

2)and if named search is applied to mask then how to retrieved the records.

3)we have to make use of assignement or validation to the mask or named search to retrived the records.

4)how it will distribute the data to each named search.

please check this out, it's urgent.

thanks,

swapnil

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For using masks, you have to first create a mask using data manager by adding one record in the masks table. then open main table and select the records which you want to place in mask then right click on the selected records and select add to mask. Now the selected records will be added to the newly created mask.

Now in the parameter which you define for external webservice in SRM system, define this Mask Name and save the webservice.

As a result you will get only those records which you have assigned to the Mask in the Catalog.

this is the whole procedure for using Masks.

Please try this out and let me know the result.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shiv,

i done the assingning records to the Mask and it is absolutely working fine as u have suggested but i want to assign few records to the named search out of the assingned mask.

ie 10 mask records out of which 5 records should be assinged to named_search1 and remaining to the named_search2.

This should get displayed in the SRM catalog.

and also tell me how the new records will automatically get assigned to named_search by setting the criteria because my final goal is to explore NAMED SEARCH.

AND if possible please forward me ur contact no. on raneswapnil@yahoo.co.in so we i can clear out the problem.

thanxs,

swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

problem solved.

Thanxs,

swapnil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

To make it clear,I'd like to add that to create a named search record in the first place, make the Named Searches table the current table and add the record.

Each named search is visible in the Named Searches search tab for every user of the MDM repository.

For restoring search selections from a named search:

First you could choose Search Restore Named Search from the main menu.Then, select the named search from which you want to restore search selections from the cascading menu of named searches. MDM clears the current search selections and restores the search selections of the named search.

However,for retriving searched record this URL could be helpful to you [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/44/9ab53b675a70dbe10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

Hope it will suffice to hint you.

Best Regards,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Krutarth

Uptill URL, i m absolutely clear about the things in named search but the material provided in the URL where to keep this or how to use this, is it for retrieving the records in the catalog, coz the codded part i have never used in SRM MDM 5.5

If it is helpful, let me know.

thanks,

swapnil