cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IMPORT and Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually I Exported my Software component..

Now I want to import it.

I put it in the import folder and Say Import in IB Tools->Import the design objects.

Popup window appears.

I select the Imported file and say import.

It is saying file is imported sucessfully.

But I am not able to see the Software Component in IB(Design)..

Can any one help me what will be the procedure to import the Design and configuration Files into IB & ID

Point will be awarded.

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you must be following these steps.

- You must have created everything in SLD.

- Then you opend your IR (IB Design). Then you tried from tools menu -> transfer from system landscape directory -> import software component versions

- Then from the list of SWCV select your Software component in the SLD and then click import. Check out for your workshop which u have created in SLD. You will find your SWCV there. then proceed your work or if you getting any error here. let me know.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to create the same and import it later, i mean make the SWCV available and then import it.

can you tell me what are you trying to do?

usually what happens when you import the SWCV from one system to another, it should be available in the other system also......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasimha,

If your SW component is imported in your IB ,it will appear in the import Dierctory of your target system.

After you have exported the SW component from source system; it goes to export directory of the source system from where it should moved to the import directory of the target system..

(To copy or move file from export directory to import directory we need to login as an administrator)

After this is executed successfully; the desired object is imported in the target system using TOOLS-->import object.....

Award points if useful

Regards,

Yashaswee.

0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Try activating change list because after successful imports imported objects appear in change lists.

Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No yaar,

I am not getting any objects in change list.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transported Design objects does not appear in the change list. So no need to look for that option. A better option would be to repeat the process. The problem u r facing is unusual. Try again importing the object.

Regards,

Prateek