cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand , what exactly a planned order is???? and what is its role in different sales cycles(MTO specially)?

And is it a necessary step to go for a production order?????

Thanks in advance

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

Please go thru the link which will answer your question

[Planned Order|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b1/c040e1439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Planned order is nothing but customer order which is converted as planned order in PP.

Once we create sales order it will go to MD04 (PP) as Customer order. then they will convert as planned order and run MRP then it will become production order.

This is intigration between SD and PP. Here the requirement type plays whitel rule which we maintain at our order procurement tab page.

Any clarification revert back to me.

rewar points if you feel help full.

Regards,

Srikanthraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for the valuable reply.

So....how does this concept work in MTS(make to stock scenario) where there is no SO or customer order.

Is it a mandatory step in the whole sales/pp cycle?

Awaiting reply

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

In MTS nothing to do in Sales. This is purely PP controol.

Steps:

Planned independent requirment T-code MD61

(Nothing but planned MTS quantity maintain here)

Run MRP T-Code MD02

Convert in to Planned order and Production order MD02

Regards,

Srikanthraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

1. So u mean,,,,, planned order is created automatically during MRP run (irrespective of the type of process, MTS, MTO..).

Or,

Is it a manual process, which production people need to follow? or it depends on the configuration, to decide whether it would be manual or auto.?

2. Is there any scenario, where no planned order creation is required?

3. Also, what does Planned order has to do with purchase requisition and how does these both linked?

Awaiting reply.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As per PP configuration planned orders gets generate automatically while MRP run.

While checking the availability of stock its required. You can create both Production order and purchase requisition against planned order.

I.e. If material procured internally we creates production order.

if it procured from vendor we creates purchase requisition against that purchase order.

And also directly you can create purchase requisition in MRP run(MD04) with out planned order also.

Reward if help ful.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiru,

It means....

Planned order need not be required, to create a Purchase requisition(can be created directly)...but...

for a Production order....a planned order needs to be generated beforehand (must), without which one cant make a production order.

in other words.........can a production order be generated without a planned order?

Please correct me...if m wrong.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav

This is std procedure that first need to check in MD04 Requirement list by material wise(Individual access tab page) or MRP controll wise (Collective access) then convert requirment list to planned order and production order.

I feel you run once cycle then you will understand.

Regards,

Srikanthraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct and also production order can be created directly with out any reference.