cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I havent done N:1 mapping before, can anyone please send me the example N:1 mappings

Kind Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try these thread really good. These thread are like how to use N : 1 mapping without BPM. really helpful

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=7550065&messageID=4443375

?

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i have understood your problem. In your message mapping go to your messages tab.

Since you need multiple source messages click on the plus icon and add the source messages and mention the message types of your source messages. Thuis you have declared your multiple source messages and the 1 target message.

Now press the design tab and perform the requisite mapping.

Thanks,

Sidhvin

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhvin,

I already did these steps but i want to know which nodes i must map to get the target structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to use BPM.Define a fork. Then there should be N Recieve steps in those n branches which will collect the n different messages. A transformation step will bundle all the messages and the SEND step will send the bundled messages.

Hope this is useful.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks,

Sidhvin Mada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If you are mapping multiple Sources to a single TArget, it is not possible without using BPM.

kindly refer to the threads mentioned below

[;

[;

Regards,

Yashaswee.

Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

BPM is used in case of N:1 mapping.

Do refer to the following blogs for clearing any further doubts.

[Walkthru with BPM|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1822] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5383] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Lavita

Award points if useful.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please visit the blogs for n:1 scenario

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

/people/kannan.kailas/blog/2005/12/07/posting-multiple-idocs-with-acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran.

N:1 mapping is just like normal mapping.

Only thing you need to do is,:

import the source and the target structures into the mapping program.

right click on the root element of the target message and select Duplicate Subtree. The number of duplicate subtrees should be equal to the number of source messages that you have in your mapping.

Now perform the mapping.

Hope this gives you an Idea.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For N:1 mapping you have to use BPM for sure, have a look on below metioned threads.

For your reference.

Regards,

Sarvesh