cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing of file2file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working on file2file scenario. My design time, configuration time is over. Now i am going to test my scenario whether it works fine? How to test the scenario step by step, please explain me. I mean i want clarifications step by step i.e

sender> senderAE>IS>receiverAE>receiver.

Please send the solution asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Nag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. place your payload in the source directory with a specific file name which you specified in your sender adapter channel.

2. Once your file is picked up by sender adapter it will convert payload in xml format (if it is not) and send to IE in pipeline.

3.you can see this message in central pipeline by logging to integration server TC:SXMB_MONI.

4. your msg will be processed foll. way

4.1 receiver determination

4.2 interface determination

4.3 message branching

4.4 message mapping

4.5 technical routing

4.6 adapter engine

5. if your message is successfully delivered MONI will show sucess msg flag(ie black)

6.now you can see your received file in target directory specified by you in receiver adapter.

Regards,

Mandeep Virk

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In an simple way....

Put the file in the folder from which the sender adapter will pick it, once the file gets picked then logon to the ABAP stack of XI and run SXMB_MONI....

here you can check your message and double click on this, on the right had side you will see some steps these are XI pipeline steps, describing how messages flow in XI, in each step you can check the header and payload and analyzie how data in moving in each step.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You just have to put the file on the specified FTP path if you are using FTP adapter

else put it on the specified path on XI server.

Simply activate the Communication channel and change list.

check this for more

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Dec 20, 2007 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

You could also test your scenario at your configuration side (Integration Directory), by going to "Tools"-->"Test configuration"

Here, you fill in the details of your Sender Service, Sender Interface, Namespace and Receiver Service.. Put in the payload from your source file and "Run" (Test Configuration-->Run)

To test the scenario end-to-end, follow the steps as suggested above.

Regards,

Lavita

Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can trace the flow from the message monitoring. U can see the whole pipeline steps there u will come to know where the exact error is coming!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

Testing.

1.Save your file in your ftp root folder.For testing mention your processing mode in sender communication channel in delete mode.

2.Start your ftp server.

3.If your file gets picked up it your sender side communication configurartion is perfect.

4. Now on the reciever side mention your target directory has the same folder.

5. If the file gets created (mention create mode of reciever communication channel).

6.Thus your scenario is tested.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks,

Sidhvin