Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Scenario - Mapping error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Scenario

I am trying to develop a test scenario where a record is read from the file and sent to R/3 using RFC (Bapi)

So i believe this will involve a file adapter as sender and a RFC adapter as receiver, I have configured data types, message types, message mapping, interface mappings, sender determination, receiver determination etc.

Problem

When i put the text file in the polling directory the file is read, but there is an error,

On checking Processed XML message in SXMB_MONI I see that the following steps listed

1 - Inbound message (CENTRAL)

2 - Receiver Determination

3 - Interface Determination

4 - Receiver Grouping

5 - Message Branch According to Receiver

6 - Request Message Mapping

7 - Request Message Mapping

Step 1 - 6 does not show any error message, step 7 has an error with the following message

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_basic_paycreate_file_to_rfc_map~</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException<;/SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.Parser~</SAP:P3>

Additional Information

My Business System Commnication channel has a Sender File adapter, this file sender is configured to read from file system from a certain directory and message protocol is File Content Conversion.

In Content Conversion parameters input fieldname and input separator are configured (does anything else need to be configured in this section?)

My input file is of the structure aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,fff,ggg

My Data Type is of the structure

<data header>

<aaa></aaa>

<bbb></bbb>

<ccc></ccc>

<ddd></ddd>

<branch1>

<eee></eee>

</branch1>

<branch2>

<fff></fff>

</branch2>

<branch3>

<ggg></ggg>

</branch3>

</data header>

Questions

First question is why is there 2 instance of Request message mapping showing up in the monitor? Isn't this supposed to show up only once?

Second question it appears that the problem is something to do with Mapping (Message Mapping) but i tried to test the message mapping manually using the data generated in the payload and it passes the mapping successfully.

Third question, how is the input flat file converted to the complex structure of data type (as mentioned in additional information above) is this done by the input.filedNames that assigns the corresponding values from flat file to the data type?

Fourth question - is there a way to run the process step by process (as a step through in other programming IDEs?) so the problem can be more easily identified?

Thanks

Anant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I little update - it appears that some of the scenarios developed earlier that were working earlier are now also failing at the same process of mapping with this error message.

So i am suspecting that this is not a problem with the mappings in my scenarios but rather a some technical setting related to how XI invokes this class - com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException.

Does any one have any ideas what i can check to confirm this? Whether the problem is in the technical setting or the scenario configuration?

thanks

Anant

error message attached.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CheckDeposit_</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException thrown during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CheckDeposit_: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

First thing when u send some request to RFC there is always a response from that.So here you have to use BPM to receive the response from RFC in XI

PLz chk this link it helps.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

if u dont use BPM then PLz chk this link

[original link is broken]

THAnks

MAnas

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Will u please let me know that are you using BPM in ur scenario.....

If u using BPM then ur first question is answered....

i.e. one msg for sender to bpm n then another for bpm to receiver..

About ur third question, yes it is because of File Content Conversion ur file has been converted to structure of data type.

Please reward points if it helps....

Sadhna