cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Number to be made mandatory for Contact Person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends:

We need to make the telephone number as mandatory in Contact Person (Transaction VAP1, VAP2). Can you indicate where to do this in IMG?

With best regards,

K. Dwarakanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

chek if the field is present in the accnt grp. then u can do it directly from there. if not u need to use BADIs for this. this is dependent upon the version and the field being accessible thru the BADI.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am looking to make the last name as mandatory field for the Contact Person. I have checked the screen selection controlss but have had no success so far.

Will appreciate if you can provide the config path or suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i checkd in ver 5.0, u can make the Name2 field mandatory using the std accnt grp settings. u can do this by following the path....img--financial accnting-accnts receivables and payables-cust accntsmaster data-preparationsdefine accnts grps with screen layouts. choose the accnt grp-general data---address. u can make changes here. if this is not possible in the version that u are using thn using BADIs is the only way out- but even then this field shud be accssble to the BADI.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

thanks for your prompt response. I checked and the field controls for the Contact Person comes under CRM module and that too requires a BADI for making fields mandatory. Since we donot have CRM implemented at our client's place we have used a user-exit to make the first name as mandatory field.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Identify the field as ask your abaper as the same can be done using Field exit.

anya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI There

I have been trying the same but have not got any solution to this issue. If you have found the config or solution then please mail back to me.

appreciate it