Did you mean: 

Reports from LIS or Individually from an ABAP er

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's

Please tell me the difference between the reports designed by

1. By LIS

2. By an ABAP er

When I can design any report from LIS .It it that these reports have flaws and the efficiencies are low .

The non standard reports are necessary to be designed by an ABAP er .

Please help me out.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

amlansarkar@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

LIS stands for Logistics Information System.

It is the information systems used to plan, control, and monitor business events at different stages in the decision-making process.

The Logistics Information System is made up of the following information systems which all have a modular structure:

- Sales Information System

- Purchasing Information System

- Inventory Controlling

- Shop Floor Information System

- Plant Maintenance Information System

- Quality Management Information System

Tools are available in Customizing to allow a self-defined information system to be created and tailored to specific requirements.

2) Reports:

SAP Reports are Programmes which are used to fetch data from SAP database under specified selection criteria and show in list viewer. Later you can view, download & take decisions appropriately.

There are many standard reports in SAP for various modules. For SD Module watchout TCode SD01. You can always code your own report they way you want in some cases.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

LIS are reports tht wrk like data stores. they store data at the time of an even is genrated like an invoice. LIS is inflexible in due to following- only 9 entities can be used as input. once a functional LIS is changed, it diff to get the past data into it. they are generally not scalable but are faster.

Custom repots or queries obviate these deficiencies but if not written intelligently can be very slow. these reports can be generated by func consul using sqo1/sq02/sq03.

saurabh