cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Throw/Catch Exceptions in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've seen a couple articles that talk about how to Throw/Catch an execption in a BPM. My question has two parts:

1) RFC Call: I was able to catch an Fault Message in an exception step when calling an RFC (Synchronous Interface). What I wanted to do is use the fault message (exception) and store it in a DB for later review.

2) IDOC: I'm sending an IDOC to R3 from a BPM. The send step is enclosed in a block w/ an exception. The send step is throwing an error (IDOC adpater system error), but the exception is never thrown. My question is: when the error occurrs at the adapter level does it still throw an exception in a BPM?

Thanks for any tip/advice/anything!

Fernando.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

1) Define a send step in the exception branch.

2) If u send a IDoc from R/3 to XI and the IDoc adapter is running to an error of course there cant be an exception in ur business process. Usually the IDoc adapter sends back status back up via ALEAUD. In case of success IDoc should have then '03', if the adapter cannot send anything the IDoc should remain at '39'. U should send a ALEAUD in case of exception of BPM switching to status '40', in case of success to '41'.

Regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nando,

Go through Michal's blog, you will be able to do it.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

regards

Shravan