Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Schedule BRBACKUP

prashanthgurra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Am an ABAPer with a little knowledge on UNIX.. am pretty much naive to database backups..... on further reading at help.sap.com... found that SAP provides its own BR tools for backup, recovery, restore, etc....

The only thing that is not clear to me is how the BRBACKUP or BRARCHIVE initiated or scheduled...Wanted to know the various procedures for scheduling the BRBACKUP so that the same can be monitored in DB13 transaction...I think it can be done with the procedures below but again not confident enough:

1. Can these be written in a shell script and scheduled in ABAP (SM36) using the SXPG__ function modules for calling external commands?

2. Can this be included in cron jobs at UNIX level?

3. I also saw some notes on changes in an intiliazation profile or file INIT.SAP.. Is this feasible?

Would be very much handy if anyone could let me know the best solution and any other way this can be achieved.

-

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. you can schedule this through DB13... it will release a job in SM36/SM37 with proper dynamic variable.

2. you can schedule this through Unix cron if you know the syntax.

file initSID.sap contains default values that brbackup will use, but all or most of those parameters from this file can be overridden by options at command line level.

prashanthgurra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Could you please let me know the procedure to use the DB13 transaction.

Thanks,

Prashanth

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search help.sap.com to learn how, or go get SAP course ADM100.

prashanthgurra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I have run a couple of tests on recovery and got everything in place.

But have another question to ask you..how can I make sure that the data recovered in the DR server is upto to date with the production server.. Is there any specific place in SAP where I can check for it???

TX,

Prashanth

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, you won`t get that info oin SAP. you must use Oracle tools... such as sqlplus

Answers (0)