cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Development for different SP

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have currently one urgend customer task. The customer has currently installed a NWDI in SP 13. But he wnats to develop for diffentent systems with different SP's.

Once, one possibility is to configure the SC by dependent SC. But at import the newest SC from servicemarketplace, you'll get only all stuff of SP 13. Still, the SLD keeps, what a wonder, all that SC's from Java 630 (I dont know the SP).

First, is it true, that you get only the information about the SP until you add the SC to a track in CMS or can I get that information earlier?

Second, how to get e.g. JEE-COR in 640 SP9 to develop for that SP?

thanx, Janko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janko,

1. you don´t have to know the SP when defining a dependency in SLD. Your development always relies on e.g. SAP_BUILDT 6.30

2. There are two ways to get SCAs of old SPs.

The first way is to download them from SMP. Sorry, I don´t know the exact link.

The second way (I used till now) is to copy the SCAs from a server that runs the old SP. After copying the three files (SAP_BUILDT.SCA, SAP_JTECHS.SCA and SAP-JEE.SCA) to the jtrans/inbox folder I rename them to e.g. SAP_BUILDT_SP9.SCA. This helps me to get a better overview.

Regards

Helmut

0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

thanks for your response.

1. I know, that the SLD doesn't privide any information about the related SC's. But the appropriate technical system does. So, why don't use the SLD the information from the technical system and uses the appropriate SC's?

2. I made already the "copy and paste" step. It worked as you described. But is that the really way to go?

Thanx for that info to SMP. I'll check it.

Janko

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janko,

1. the NWDI does not know for which technical system you want to develop your software. Therefore you have to define it in the track by importing the corresponding SCAs.

2. I think the official way is the one via SMP.

Regards

Helmut