cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapGUI for mac 7.10r1 on MAC OS X 10.5.1 crashes with language RO

0 Kudos

Hello!

I tried to install the latest version of PlatIn gui on two different Mac systems. A G4 and an intel based MacBook Pro. Both of them with up to date Mac OS X 10.5.1 - leopard.

It installs OK, and I can work in English, but when I try to log in with language setting RO, it crashes.

I can't work in EN because the sistem is configured for the RO language and there are lots of missing translations.

What to do?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

SAP should change the codepage for RO language!

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have not been inactive after you posted your question, but did not yet come to a final conclusion.

The reason for the crash was indeed a missing Java encoding information for 1409.

After assigning Java encoding MacRomania to 1409, the crash is gone but we have seen problems with some characters shown as ‘#', like the t-cedilla. We are currently in the process of finding out with our internationalization team which way to go. I have the feeling that using 1404 / cp1250 will cause trouble using this on a Mac.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the meantime our internationalization team has confirmed that 1409 is the codepage to use on Mac for Romanian.

The next revision of SAP GUI for Java will incorporate to use the Java encoding MacRomanian when codepage 1409 is chosen.

In addition, a correction to codepage 1409 is on its way because some characters were not defined.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

0 Kudos

Hello!

Do you have an estimated time for these upcoming releases?

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SAP GUI for Java revision you will need should become available within a few weeks.

The correction of the codepage 1409 will come as part of SAP note 1139151, which however is not yet released.

I am trying to track the process of this and post an update once it is out.

It would have been helpful to have a bug report for easier handling and tracking of the issues.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

0 Kudos

After waiting in vain for a little bit of help, and after days of reading and after a lot of trial and error, I've found a solution to my problem:

Language setting in SAPGUI for Java: - Language RO, Codepage 1404 wich automatically sets the java encoding to cp1250.

The problem was that the default codepage for RO was 1409 which had no java encoding for it.

Hope this helps others, because it was THE ONLY THING THAT DIDN'T WORK ON MY MAC.

Thanks SAP!