cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with printing report texts in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I developed a smartform and a print program. In the title of the smartform I need print a text depend on the company code. For this I prepared this text in the print program like the following.

case rbkp-bukrs.

when 'IT10'

smartform_struct-title = text-010.

endcase.

The problem is some times these texts are not printing on the form output. User are mad at this. when they complines me and I go and look at it, it is fine. I don't think this is printer issue. Any clues please let me know.

Thank you,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can do one thing instead of creating text in print program u can creat text element in smartform and can put condition on it so that that text can be displayed only for required company code.

regards

vijay

reward points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Have you debugged the Smart Form. What do you really mean by when they complines me and I go and look at it, it is fine

Is there any chance of "rbkp-bukrs" is not getting populated properly?

Regards,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

I mean when the users complines me and I checks in Production thy look good. They are running these invoices through MR90.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

While u r running through MR90 it's loks fine but when user is running it's failed.

Please confirm with the user what the inputs giving in MR90.

I think he is not giving the company code in the MR90 .

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thanks for your reply. In fact both me and user are doing the same. For user some times this text is not showing and some times it is. This is very strange.

I can do this by keeping it in text element. But for some texts we need to add some other text in between dynamically.

for example : for BE10 we need to show like,

CONCATENATE 'This text is prepared on behalf of (' <vendor name> ') ' some text' INTO w_title_text.

In this case: I have tried preparing this text in the program lines node. Here the problem is I can able to mention single quote in prepare the text. In the above example it is bold.

Basically I don't what's happening when printing report texts. But if there is a way to show single quote while prepare text that should be fine.

Thank you

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

In which node/window are you printing this smartform_struct-title ? Check whether there are any CONDITIONS applied on corresponding node and see whether they are been satisfied.

Have you been able to re-produce the same issue in NON-PRODUCTION systems i.e. TEST systems. Have you de-bug this issue? What are your observations on de-bugging?

Regards,

Bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for your brain storming.

First part: I am trying to print this text in text node which is placed under a window. None of them have conditions.

2nd Part: I have not reproduced in any NON-PRODUCTION system. I have not de-bugged as I can not re-produced this issue.

Thank you,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked the print in the production with your id or user's id?

if not do check the print through user's id... also check the user ID settings w.r.t. print

have you checked the print on same printer?

if no then take a print on the actual printer... also check the printer settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have another option for this. Which is make these texts in the Initializing tab of global definitions. I am facing one problem here that is not able to put single quote in a string. How to put single quote in string ? For example like:

I want to see the text This invoice is prepared for (xyz) Surya's company

XYZ comes from another variable. So I used CONCATENATE like CONCATENATE 'This invoice is prepared for (' w_xyz ') Surya's company' INTO w_final.

So contents of w_final are coming like This invoice is prepared for (xyz) Surya. Because the single quote it is treating as end of text and rest after it is ignored.

Thank you,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

use concatenate

e.g. it's working!

concatenate 'It' '''' 's working!' into text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharayu,

This solved my problem. But another issue. I have three variables declared as follows.

DATA: l_titl1 TYPE text100,

l_titl2 TYPE text100,

l_titlt TYPE text200..

when I used the following statement.

CONCATENATE l_titl1 l_titl2 INTO l_titlt.

I am getting only 132 characters into l_titlt.

Thank you,

Surya