cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

my client have a customer. that customer head office is in mumbai and he have another ten branches in india any branch can place an order and make payments to my client but credit check should happen with at head office level only

please suggest me with detailed steps

thanks n regards

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

The answer is very simple.

Srinivas you need to set the account of the HO as credit account for the branches. This is how you do it:-

1. Use T.code FD32, enter customer no. of one of the branches, enter the Credit Control Area, select the view 'Status'

2. On the view Status, from the Menu Bar click on 'Edit', select the options 'Change Credit Account'

3. A message window will appear, press enter, a new window will appear, this has a place where you can enter the account no. of HO (for which you want to carry out credit check when order for branch is received)

4. Enter the account no. of HO, press enter and save the Credit master record.

5. Repeat this step for all branches, you will not require to do any other configurations.

Provide your feedback.Reward if it helps.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai pathik,

i have rewarded for your answer but can you give me in detail clarification

thanks n regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create ur head office as a sold to party and branch offices as ship to party codes.and assign credit limit to sold to party code.

in general we assign credit limit to sold to party only.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh Banka,

I doubt that the credit limit is linked to Payer and not SP and SH.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus,

>

> my client have a customer. that customer head office is in mumbai and he have another ten branches in india any branch can place an order and make payments to my client but credit check should happen with at head office level only

>

> please suggest me with detailed steps

>

> thanks n regards

>

> srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Hope i am not too late to reply.

In such a case you can go for customer hierarchies.

As per your case crete Head office customer as Hierarchy Node.

Creata all other Branch customers and assign them to the Hed office Customer in hierarchy so the Hierarchy should look something like

Head office Customer

|

|________Branch Office Cust1

|________Branch Office Cust 2

|________

|___

|________Branch office cust 2

Now go to FD 32 of Head office customer put him the credit limit as mus as you want for it and it will get distributed between all the 10+1 customers.

For example if you assign credit limit of 1000 and Head office utilizes 900 all 10 customers can collectively use 100 only similarly if one branch customer uses 900 Head office though having limit of 1000 will be eligible for 100 only.

Furthur if you want to limit limit for Branch office customers go to FD 32 branch customer and put credit limit as say 100 that will limit it to 100 for each branch customer irrespective of Utilization of credit at head office level.

If one Branch customer does not utilize his full 100 Head office can still utilize that.

Hope it helps.

Post for furthur Clarification

Reward if helpful

Thanks & regards

Abhishek Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

In this scenario, Head Office should be created as Solp to Party & all branches as Ship to Party.

Sales orders can be accepted from ship to party also & in that case in Sales Order, we can populate the field ship to Party & if only one sold to party is attached to it, it will default as sold to party, alternatively, list of sold to party will pop up.

Credit Limit can be maintained at sold to party level.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka