cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMLAnonymizerBean, anonymizer.encoding, does it change the header only ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

If we use XMLAnonymizerBean with anonymizer.encoding = ‘non utf-8 encoding’ in a (JMS)receiver channel, will it actually change the data in XML(which it should not, but just would like to be absolutely sure) or just update the XML header from <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="non utf-8 encoding" ?>

cheers

dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chidambaram..

I do not know the exact answer for this.. but just sharing my openion.. Logically it should not alter the data in terms of content but in addition to the header change it might also change the charcters so that they are properly encoded according to this new encoding.. which should not be a data change but only the representation change.

VJ

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you handle only text payloads, you're right.

But if you have binary data (byte streams), then you also need to reenconde the byte arrays for the new encoding. Hence, expect byte changes in your file (but the char representation, meaning, the string you see, should be the same).

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henrique,

Thanks for this. Please note that in my case, the comm channel is a receiver comm channel(data is going out of XI). So I would imagine the data is in byte, please correct me if i am wrong here. So I can use the TextCodepageConversionBean with Conversion.charset = 'non utf-8 character set' ?

cheers

dan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to make sure to input the proper codepage in the anonymizer bean. If you input a file encoded in utf-8 but you parameterize anonymizer.encoding="iso-8859-1", you'll have an error.

Best regards,

Henrique.