cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter not working. But no error messages. Just a warning!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

I have created a simple scenario.

I am getting an Input from outside world using SOAP Adapter.

Then using a ZBAPI (RFC adapter) I am inserting a data to a ZTABLE.

To test the SOAP Adapter, I have entered the PAY LOAD (in XML format) from Runtime WorkBenches

Test Message TAB.

I have used exactly once, Best Effort etc., and have tried Sending the message.

It says Message sent but the database is not getting updated with the new value.

I have already tried it with FileAdapter as the input method and ZBAPI that I have created is working fine.

When I tried looking at the RuntimeWorkBenche's communication channel's area, it says my SOAP Adapter is inactive. I have double checked and it is ACTIVE and also activated properly

Any ideas?

Your suggestions/input will be highly appreciated.

THanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>it says my SOAP Adapter is inactive

you have SOAP to RFC scenario,right?

now since you are posting message directly to Integration engine via RWB,why will SOAP adapter come into picture.

by posting messages from RWB->Integration engine we are basically bypassing the sender adapter.hence no questions of SOAP being active or inactive.

now coming to your questions,did you check sxmb_moni?

what does it says over there?

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response Amir

Now I am little confused. One of the postings said that this is the easiest way to see if the adapters are working ok. Infact even when I send the message RWB asks for the service, interface etc., which i have entered and so thought it may be using the soap adapter.

Then, my question is how do i test my SOAP Adapter configuration to make sure it works.

THanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>One of the postings said that this is the easiest way to see >>if the adapters are working ok

This holds true for testing receiver adapter not for sender adapter.main work of sender adapter is to pick up the message in any format and convert it to XML and post to Integration engine,since in RWB->Integration engine you are already posting XML message you have basically done the job of sender adapter by yourself hence no need of sender adapter there.

>>my question is how do i test my SOAP Adapter >>configuration to make sure it works.

you need to use Altova XML spy(its free download) or some other SOAP test client to test sender SOAP adapter

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>To test the SOAP Adapter, I have entered the PAY LOAD (in XML format) from Runtime WorkBenches

Test Message TAB.

As Aamir mentioned no need to check the Adapter you have bypassed it. Check whether Mapping is successfull ( Sxmb_moni)

Regards

Agasthuri Doss