cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Web Service from R/3 system in Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to find out how to create a Web Service from a BAPI running on an R/3 System and have the Web Service hosted on Web AS. Is there anything in the SAP Developer Studio which facilitates this. I've looked into the enterprise connectivity perspective and been able to generate java from the BAPI's. (when this process occurs, a message during the process states that a WSDL is generated. Where is it located?) The xx_PortType class that is generated is not availible for a web service because the input and output types that are gen'd for it are not serializable. Not to be lazy but I could code a frontend and gen a web service from that, but I'm suprised that I can't find anything in the tooling to do this for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

you can follow Thomas Jung's Weblogs: <a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices ABAP WebServices</a> and <a href="/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/01/05/develop-a-web-service-that-sends-an-email--in-abap a Web Service that sends an Email - in ABAP</a>.

Try to use the SDN Search in future. :-).

Regards

Gregor