cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

post installation sap xi 3.0 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I was installed sap xi on my home pc for practice. The version is ECC 5.0 and XI 3.0. I was installed Abap, J2ee and XI engine successfully.

Problem 1:

During the post installation, I was assigned some Role to xisuper but one of role SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC is required for user comparison. And when I try to load the role from PFCG, and I found there is no T-code contain this role. So what are the t-code contains this role?

Problem 2:

During the post installation, we made some RFC Connections using sm59 and Visual administrator. But when I try to test the connection for TCP/IP, “ERROR OPENING IN RFC CONNECTION”. My question is, how many clients required for RFC test(bec’s we created only 210 client during installation)

Problem 3:

During post installation, we have to made INTEGRATION ENGINE CONFIGURATION using sxmb_adm t-code. When we logged t-code and click to integration engine configuration, it says, “no authorization to configure engine” and it’s corresponding object were locked. How to unlock the objects?. Pls. provide the solutions.

Problem 4: General Questions:

1. when we want to practice at home for sap xi, how many clients are required?

2. if any one have screen shot of sap xi post installation, pls provide raghubalanm@gmail.com.

Regards

raghu

Edited by: Gali Kling Schneider on Dec 20, 2007 9:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

do this

Generating Roles for SAP_XI and SAP_SLD

Generate all roles beginning with SAP_XI, SAP_SLD and SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC:

1. Call transaction PFCG.

2. Choose Utilities → mass generation. Do the following:

a. Field Role: Enter SAP_XI*

b. Select Generate automatically

c. Press <F8> and choose Generate online

If there is a list of profiles displayed, which are not yet generated, repeat the procedure by pressing <F8>.

d. Repeat the steps for roles SAP_SLD* and SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC

3. Choose Utilities &#8594; mass comparison. Do the following:

a. Field Role: Enter SAP_XI*

b. Select Output error messages

c. Choose Execute (F8).

user creation

Creating User XISUPER

To perform the post-installation activities, you need to create the following user in your SAP Exchange Infrastructure client:

1. On your SAP Web AS host, create the user below with at least the following parameters (transaction SU01).

User

XISUPER

Last name (Tab: Address)

<your_name>, for example XI Super

Password / User Type (Tab: Logon Data)

<init_password> / Dialog

Role (Tab: Role)

SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC

SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_MONITOR

The SAP_XI* roles are composite roles

2. Save, and exit SU01

3. You must now log on to the Integration server host with the user XISUPER, to switch the initial password to a valid password.

4. You must restart the J2EE engine to transfer the user creation to the J2EE immediately.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem 1: Before create XISUPER user, need to generate XI roles. i nyour case the has not generated proparlly.

2. One client is sufficint but the same client should be configured at JAVA level (Visula Admin level).

3. this error because of first error.

4. a. Any senario XI should have one client and the same client should be pointed to JAVA.

b.you can find all post installation steps in the XI postinstallation guide which is availeble in market place.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/instguides -- > SAP Netweaver --> Installation -- > Slelect SAP XI in the right handside below --> download Installation Guide - SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 SR1..

In the above document you can find all the post installation steps from page no 31.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh!

During installation of ABAP(DI), one of the step, "SLD configuration. i have to tick the check box and define the host name and no.

When i install JAVA(DI), i never configure SLD means i tick no SLD.

Is it problem or not?

If Problem i want to configure, can i select " connect via HTTP or Connect via RFC"

Pls. provide solution

regards

raghu