cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Download in KM using Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to upload and download in KM using Visual Composer.Whether is it possible?If so, then please post some documents or links. Its urgent..

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nutan

I've heard that all KM APIs will be exposed as web services as of an upcoming service pack release for 7.0. If up and downloading docs to and from KM will be any easier because of this, I do not know yet.

Today, connecting to KM and working with content there is not part of the standard functionality of VC.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have done upload/download in KM using Web dynpro but the same functionalities we want in VC.Whether is it possible? If so then please give documents... and if not then please suggest some method to do it in some other way?

We came to knew that we have to use web services but we can not use it directly from web dynpro. So can you please tell us how to convert it in web services using EJB or some other ways?Please suggest....

Then whether it can be used directly by VC to upload/download the documents?

Waiting for your quick response....Its urgent...

Thanking you.,

Nutan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a KM Upload iView, as a standard. And then access it via a HTML component in VC. That works fine for me. Without any Web Dynpro coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we tried to do the KM upload/download from webdynpro only. Just attached that iview in out application in portal.

KM APIs will be exposed as web services as of an upcoming service pack release for 7.0. So, we left that functionality from VC

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Is there any controls have been added in VC 7.0 for uploading???

I want to upload / download documents in KM using VC 7.0.1 sp 17. help me out.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Hope you saw the below thread about the Upload control which will be available from ehp2 as stated in the thread

[]

so please upgrade your version to EHP2.

Regards,

Govindu

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Govindu,

Its not there in any version of VC, I came to know that we have to develop our own controls using Flash Components ( Xcelsius) and use it in VC.

Up to my knowledge there is no "Upload UI control" exist in any of the VC versions.

Thanks,

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This below pdf shows how to export file from VC,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/47fe4fef-0d01-0010-6f87-ed8ecb47...

No idea about importing.