cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE to IDOC SCENARIO NEED MANDATORY FIELDS IN MATMAS IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm learning a scenario like File to Idoc which is i need some what are the mandatory fields for creting the message mapping.. between source file and MATMAS IDOC... because it was showing several fields.

is there any way to find out the fields we need to map compulsory... for sending IDOC successfully.

Thanks

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

When you map between the legacy system and the IDOC in Message mapping.

You will see in the IDOC side (Matmas) the mandatory fields in RED point.

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

You will have to map all the idoc fields which are in red or which have an occurrence of 1.1 or 1.unbounded.

You can disable the control record of the Idoc. I mean the EDI_DC40 segment can be disabled.

Regards,

Divija.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ThankQ for your response..

i mapped like that only.. but even though it was telling my mapping is not sufficiently defined.. .. but all the red fields i mapped .. how can we find the particular field was creating problem...

Thanks

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

See if you have mapped any mandatory field in the target by a non mandatory field in the source. In this case make sure you are handling the situation when there is no value coming from the source.

Other way is to disable all the mandatory fields. Then test the mapping by enabling them one by one.

Regards,

Divija.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu !

Log into the R/3 system, transaction WE60, enter the idoc type MATMAS01 or 02, 03, 04, then press F8 or go to Documentation menu, HTML Format.

It will display a document, telling you which fields are optional and which mandatory.

Regards,

Matias

PS: please award points if helpful.