cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI DLL Initialization failed - check installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have Citrix Metaframe Servers that hold SAP GUI 620.

Lately we added new Citrix Servers and installed SAP GUI 620 on them.

We use roaming profile.

We have encountered a mysterious problem:

Users that login to "New" Citrix Servers and have NTUSER.DAT (in their profile) that does not contain any SAP Keys and open SAP GUI 620 - Receive the following error:

" SAPGUI DLL Initialization failed - check installation "

The point is that it matters to the SAP on the "new" servers if the user have SAP key in the registry.

So in situations when a user logs in for the first time to a Citrix server that does not have SAP installed - he gets NTUSER.DAT that dows not hold SAP key. If he then tries to login to a new Citrix server and opens SAP GUI - he receives the error.

Has anyone ever encountered this matter? or even this Error ?

Thx,

Edward

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes we know this phenomenon.

My Citrix collegues manage this using Microsoft's Flex Profiles stuff.

Dont ask how they do, but the effect is, that there is a central storage for registry entries and a mechanism to bring them to the server a session is started for a user.

HTH, Rudi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed the problem.

Apparently on the new Citrix Server there was no SAP key under HKU ---> .Default

Therefore users that didn't have SAP in their HKCU werent able to open SAP on these servers.

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that may have solved the problem to get a SAPGUI.

But it does not solve the problem that users have different GUI settings on different servers.

That 's why we use FlexProfile...

Kind regards, Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i appreciate the response and the solution.

The Flex Profile sounds very good , however, i'd rather solve the problem rather than bypass it or install new profile features.

I have new servers and old servers.

The SAP on the old servers doesn't care if a user has the SAP key in the NTUSER.DAT (HKCU).

Only the SAP on the new servers produce this error - and only if the user has NTUSER.DAT that doesn't have SAP key in it.

We compared the HKLM> SOFTWARE-> SAP between the old and new - they are identical.

Any more ideas ?