cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new installation of ECC6 + Support Packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

i'm installing ECC6 (got DVDs from SAP) currently.... i got ERP Support Package Stack 9 and SAP 2004s(7.0) SP Colleciton - Stack 11 - Java Stack11 DVDs....

i have following queries:

1> how do i install these SPs ? is it through SPAM or SAINT post installation ? if yes could you describe the process of how to locate DVDs from SPAM or SAINT tcodes?

2> do i have to install latest SP after installation of Stack 11 ?

btw my ECC6 is only having AS ABAP..... and i'm planning to install NW 04s - AS ABAPAS JAVABI JAVA on another system for my BW stuff....

appreciate if you could share your thoughts....

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1> how do i install these SPs ? is it through SPAM or SAINT post installation ? if yes could you describe the process of how to locate DVDs from SPAM or SAINT tcodes?

The are installed using SPAM - check http://service.sap.com/patches

2> do i have to install latest SP after installation of Stack 11 ?

btw my ECC6 is only having AS ABAP..... and i'm planning to install NW 04s - AS ABAPAS JAVABI JAVA on another system for my BW stuff....

If these are new installations it´s advised to update to the latest patchlevels (SP13) before starting to customize the system.

You will need, however, an installation of Solution Manager to download the latest patchlevels.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196353
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow as suggested my markus i suggest you to have solution manger and Maintanence optimiser configure on that as SP's need to be downloaded from MOPZ.

Regards,

iqbal