cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Version with Validity Date in past CIF in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using SCM 5.0. We are encountering a scenario were Production Version with validity date in the past are being picked-up in APO. This is causing the Integration model to fail because this Production Version has an inactive BOM.

Is there a configuration so we can restrict this Production Version with validity date in the past from being picked up by the Integration Model? Also I try to find an OSS Note but did not find one.

P.S. (Business do not want to delete this old production Version)

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

There is a Setting you can make while Generating the Integration Model for PPMs. In the Selection Criteria, look for a field - PPM Selection Date. This gives you options on how the Production Version dates are considered. Select "Resolution according to the end dates of Production Version". Also, I suggest leaving the Valid to - date field as blank. What this would do is that it would consider only those Versions, whose Validity End Date is greater than or equal to the Current Date. i.e, All expired Versions are not considered. Thus your generated model should not consider the expired Versions.

I dont know if these settings have already been made by you, but this is just in case you havent.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath Krishnan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using PDS check the following notes:

Note 1074622 - Out-to-date Production Version is generated as PDS

Note 1086043 - CIF-PDS: integration model with locked production version

otherwise i would recommend to open a oss call.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Just to clarify your problem:

You create a PV with "valid to" date in the past now (why?)?

or you have a PV that's expired?

If the second is the case, the model really picks these versions, but should make them inactive in APO (the PPM/PDS).

If they stay active (which is an error), there are ways to fight that:

1. Do not shorten the validity of the PVs. Lock them instead and create a new ones with a shorter validity (if you want to modify). Never set the "valid to" of a PV from one in the future to one in the past. So observe this best practice

2. Make initial transfer of the integration models. Use report RIMODINI. It should fix your issues. Also may be a good idea to schedule that initial transfer as a regular job (once a week for example)

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for your reply and explanation. This Production Version I'm pertaining has expired but still picked-up by APO.

Please explain what is this report RIMODINI? Our Integration Model were activated once everyday.

Thanks in advance!

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the report RIMODINI is used to transfer the objects in an integration model, all objects contained in the integration model will be transferred, regardless of whether or not these have already been transferred by a previous activation.

You can use report RIMODINI to transfer specific objects to APO again, without for example deactivating existing integration models. Deactivating active integration models can have very negative effects on the overall integration. For instance, if you deactivate an integration model for work centers, during this time production orders without the activities occupying these work centers are transferred to APO and resources in APO are thereby not occupied. You are therefore strongly advised NOT to deactivate integration models. Instead, use report RIMODINI.