cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CMS: Software component version has not yet been imported

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just transported a software component from development to test using CMS. I then try to transport it to the Production system.

The Production System has just been set up and nothing has been transported to it before.

When I assemble in CMS I get and error informing me of the following:

Software component version b079e510814411dc84e6e78fc2c57849 has not yet been imported into the system and therefore cannot yet be assembled using CMS. You must execute a CMS- or file-based import of the software component version into the consolidation system first.

Two questions:

1) How can I find the component with the ID above?

2) Why do I need to import the component? I thought that the objects that I created had no other dependencies. Is there some standard import that I should do . Is there something standard missing in the Production System?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you configured the CMS properly if not then you should use the File Transfer Method to transport the objects. Have a look:

File Transfer Method:

In Integration Repository object:

Right click on the Namespace which you want to send to Quality system and select the export option and export it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

usrsap<SID>SYSglobalxi epository_serverexportsample.tpz

Above file will be copied and pasted in following path

usrsap<SID>SYSglobalxi epository_serverimportsample.tpz

Similar procedure for directory

Right click on the configuration scenarion in development which you want to send to Quality select the export optin and export it....this will create a .tpz file on the server following path

usrsap<SID>SYSglobalxidirectory_serverexportsample.tpz

then login to the IR of the quality select the Tools --&#61664; Import option you will get this tpz file and import it and activate.

HOW TO transport usning CMS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/43f5d790-0201-0010-2984-ff72d822...

Also go through this blog. It is very imp in terms of trasporting the objects.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Go through these blogs for more help.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks; I will try this if all else fails.

Do you know how I can find the Software Component given the key? I don't know what component needs to be transported.

BR,

Tony

Answers (0)