cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notofication for PO created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement that once a user creates a shopping cart in SRM an email notification about the PO created in R/3 is sent to him. This saves him the trouble of looking in the check satus every time to know the status of the PO.

Can anyone suggest me that how the above can be achieved ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ss,

You can do this in any workflow task or sub-workflow of your principal workflow. Just go to your workflow and to the end of the approval process step. Here you can find a tab for notifications as soon as treatment is achieved for every po.

You can add the creator of the po as receiver here.

Be sure that all users have a valid emails and email transfer is activated in your system.

Hope this will help

Best regards,

Laurent.

Reward points if helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laurent,

Could you elaborate your solution ?

I am new to workflow. So could you guide me that how can I trace the required workflow in this case and the creator of the PO will be the requisitioner (coz once the cart gets approved, automatically PO will get created in R/3). It is at this time when the PO number for the corresponding cart of the requisitioner is available that the email notification need to be sent to the requisitioner itself. So i would also appreciate if you could guide me that how should i be able to retreive the requisitioner's id ?

An early reponse will be appreciated.

Thanks.

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If wflow is not familiar to you it would be a bit difficult to explain. In SRM you can have different wflows depending if the shopping cart requires none, one or several approvers. In this case you would have to add more than one notification for each workflow termination.

An easier way is to implement the BADI that is called when PO is saved and send an email with the function module : SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1

you just would have too search for the requester in this badi and send him an email at that time.

Is this clear?

Best regards,

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurent,

If i want to go through the workflow approach, which workflow would be used in this case ?

Also, could you elaborate the BADI approach a little more.

Thanks

ss

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the workflow go to transaction SWETYPV and see which workflow is activated for event SAVED of object BUS2121.

For BADI approach go to transaction SPRO -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM server -> Businness add in's -> Carry Out Activity When Saving. (read the corresponding documentation if needed)

Best regards,

Laurent

Reward points if helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laurent

Thanks for the suggestions.

But my problem is different. I am creating a SC in SRM system and for that Shopping cart, the Purchase order gets created in the Back-end R/3 system with the Business Object type as BUS2012.

So, I need to know, is this possible to add a new functionality in the standard SRM workflow in this case, which will notify the SRM - SC creator, once the PO is created succesfully in the R/3 system. I am unable to identify the relevant SRM workflow, which is called in this case ? Please advice, how to proceed ?

Also, please specify how this BADI (Carry Out Activity When Saving) - BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI, suggested in the earlier reply, can help in this case.

Let me know your advice at the earliest as this is quite urgent.

Thanks

ss

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you clarify some things to understand :

1. Which object type is used in your SRM for the shopping cart?

2. In transaction SWETYPV don't you have SAVED event for this object type?

3. Which is the function module triggered to R3 after wflow?

i could give you a more precise answer after this...

Regards,

Laurent.

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose the function module triggered in your system is something like : BBP_PO_INBOUND

If you want to add a mail after po creation in your system then search for any user exits that certainly exist in this function module, and more precisely in function module : BAPI_PO_CREATE1 which is inside BBP_PO_INBOUND.

To create the mail use the steps i mentionned earlier.

Best regards,

Laurent.

Answers (0)