cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I want to track the changes which I had made in Data Manager. For this I had activated the change tracking in Console. But I am not able track the changes. How can I track these changes.

I am working on SP04 and my MDM server is on Oracle 10g DB.

Thanks in advance

Dilmit Chadha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try below link, but I am not sure how it will help you for Oracle database. this blog is based on MS SQL server database.

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/08/change-tracking-in-mdm

Regards,

RDN.

Edited by: RDNPrasad on Dec 19, 2007 8:21 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

Change tracking such as field add,delete & modify can be seen through SQL Analyser.

For this you should also install MS SQL server on your PC.

You specify the details that are asked during this process.

I hope this might help you.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

change tracking can be viewed by SQL analyzer.You need to install SQL first. for the original data changes are stored in <repository name>_M000 file and for meta data changes are stored in <repository name>_z000 file.

reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I want to track the changes which I had made in Data Manager

The Change Tracking table is an MDM system table with a predefined set of fields, and records that are not directly visible in either the MDM Console or the MDM Client. Each record is created automatically by MDM when the value of any field that you are tracking is changed, providing an audit log of changes within the system.

For each change, MDM records the date, the time, the user who made the change, the old value, and the new value.

There are three type of Change Tracking Settings:

• Track Adds – track new field value when a record is added

• Track Modifies – track old and new values when the field is modified

• Track Deletes – track old field value when a record is deleted

To track chages we are to :

1. enable change tracking in the console

2. check the corresponding <repository>_z000 table in the SQL server query for the records changed

follow the link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4350] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas