Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new tab in BP using EEWB and VCT

surekha_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in I need to create a new tab with some subscreens and some new fields in it in transaction BP.

I thought of creating new fields using EEWB. This will create a new tab with frame title "Custom Fields".

I want to change the screen title and also screen sequence. I got to know that this can be done using Visual Configuration Tool. But I am not aware of this tool as in how to use and configure. Pls tell me more about this tool.

Also pls tell me if my solution to the requirement is okay. If you have any other way to meet the requirement, pls let me knw.

Helpful answers will be rewarded!!!

Thanks in advance,

Cheers'

Surekha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suerkha, Sourabh and Shalini.

I also need help on this.

I have added my fields using the EEWB also.

I need now to move these fields from the Customer Tab to the standard Tabs which do not necessariry lie in the same BP Role when i am in VCT.

But i need some of the new fields say on the Purchasing Org Dependent Screen -> Role-> FI-Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You procedure is fine.

But still you can one more tool called BDT

Use this link to more about BDT

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6173fb9e-0701-0010-6083-a0001827...

reward Points if useful

Murali

surekha_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Thanks a lot...It helped me...

I have rewarded points..

I have one more question here....Is it possible to arrange subscreens in the tab using VCT? If possible can you let me know how that can be done.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers'

Surekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surekha,

It is very much possible to arrange the screens using the VCT.

All u need to drag and drop the screens which ever position u wish to.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

surekha_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Thanks for the response.

But my question was to arrange the subscreens in the tab.

I tried but I could arrange the screen in the sequence that we require and I was able to change the screen title as well.

But is it possible to arrange subscreens and change subscreen frame title using VCT?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers;

Surekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surekha,

You can arrange the subscreen using VCT but if you want to change the Subscreen Frame title you have to go back to EEWB , Go to the particular extension , Start the wizard and change the frame title, then generate the extension.

Plz reward points if helpful.

Regards

Sourabh Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surekha,

As Sourabh rightly said, that u can arrange the subscreen but for changing of subcreen title may not be fulfilled using VCT.

Changing the arrangement of the subscreens is just a drag and drop.Select the entire Frame (and not individual fields), drag and drop when you see a red bar.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

surekha_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot Sourabh and Shalini.

Sourabh : Have rewarded the points.

Cheers'

Surekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surekha,

Your approach is absolutely fine.To Change the screen title u can make use of Screen Configuration.

Cross-Application Components  SAP Business Partner  Business Partner  Basic Settings  Screen Configuration  Configure Screens

Double click on the Role

Goto -> Screen Sequence

Select Overview on.

Now U will be able to see the screens. Click on ur screen or tab, and give the new Tiltle.

WIsh this helps.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan