Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice PDF download & sent via email to customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus,

Need your help for the below bussiness req;

Now my comp requirement is Invoices should downlod to PDF & sent vai email to customers [SP] can be single/multiple Recipient..?

Currently we have a ZRD0 output type,setting as below:

Tranmission med: 1

Procesing time : 4

Printer name : mentioned.

Print immed : indicator off.

Can i use the same above ouput configuration especially Tranmission med as 1.

I will maintain multiple emial ids for customer KNA1-SMTP_ADDR & will give the logic to apber to do some modification in prog..like when ever the invoice is created & output triggered,the sys should first check for customer emailds & then PDF should be download & sent via mail ,If found sys should sent the PDF inv vial email...ELSE...if the conditon fails like no emial-id found in the customer master then sys should only gerneate the spool & later the user maully will print the spool# on the printer.

Kinldy Advice..!

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anya,

My concern is,If i maintain 10 email-ids in the customer master record,is't the sys going to trigger my invoice to all these 10 email-ids or not..?

For which email-id ,i should select that standered radio button..?

Kinldy Advice.

Thx

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul Roy,

As per my knowledge based on redio butten we can send email to specific Mail ID which we select, if tyou want to send more than one Mail ID you need to go for Enhancement with the help of ABAPer.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anaya,

Then how the invoice will the send to multiple customers,If i maintain multiple email-ids in the customer master & 1 id will be defalult as standered.

Kinldy advice the solution.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly refer to input help on that standard radio button

Standard Sender Address in this Communication Type

Use

If a user sends a message externally from the SAP System, their standard address is set as the sender address in the communication type used. This indicator is then important if several addresses are maintained for one communication type.

So single mail will be sent to address which is maintained under standard button.

hope this will help.

anya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anya,

Thanks for solution,I will follow the same.

I have 1 more question regarding the email send.

I had tried to input the multiple emial-ids in the customer master for field E-mail,But while maintaing multiple email-ids, i see 2nd coloum having a radio button under Standered,Whats this..?it allow us to select only 1 email-id.

So,My concern is whether the sys is going to trigger email only for this selected emial-id[Radio button selected] orelse the sys will trigger the mail to all the email-ids maintained here...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of T medium 5 the mail is automatically triggered and invoice is attached as PDF attachment.

Since requirement is both for mail and spool use the T medium as 1 and code the whole logic of sending mail & conversion to PDF in program itself.

hope your doubs are clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Follow this link it will give you a clear idea and it will help to solve your problem..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8cd6adbb-0301-0010-39ba-938c601d...

Reward If Helpful..

Regards..

Praveen Kumar.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responce.

Kindly confirm for below:

1. If we use T.medium as 5 the spool# will not be generated.

2. why can't i use T.medium as 1,which allow to create the spool# & later also fulfills my 2nd requirement as for non-PDF customers the user can issue the spool# for printing manually.

3. If we use T,med as 5 it will missout my 2nd req.

Kinldy correct me,If i am wroung.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same output can be used. First in SPRO- Sd _ basic Function- Output control - Output determination-

Maintain Output Determination for Billing Documents-

Maintain Output Types

Here copy the print output entry and maintain medium as 5 for email. Keep output program & script name same.

Modify the print program for email logics.

On selecting this output type the mail will be generated automatically with invoice as PDF attachment for those email are maintained. For this SCOT should be configured and track outgoing mails thru SOST.

Hope it helps.

anya