cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing one new problem , Our server E drive become full . That E drive contains \usr\sap and oracle folders . Now it showing 0 kb free space . Because of that we are not able to transport request and backup of database .

How can i get the freespace or can i able to add extra hard disk space ?

What i can do this problem, any solution for solve this?

samysamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

As you mention oracle folders also in E drive then check whether archive folder is also in the same drive, if it is then you can take a backup of archive files and delete them from E drive to free up the space.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have to add another hardisk, suppose you delete some logs files or some files of EPS\in directory, then you hardly get some spact as you mentioned that oracle is also installed on the same directory, so in this situation you must have to add a new hardisk and add the datafile from your new disk location for oracle. what you can do now you can delete the EPS\in directory which contains the patch updated files and move the existing fiels data and cofiles directoy to another location so that you got some free space for now

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash ,

Ok noted , Then we have to add another 80 gb hard disk drive as a F drive . Now how to configure this drive into the existing SAP system . What are the configurations to change the drive letter path for logs and unwanted files .

Regards

samy samy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

First of all i want to know that is your transport directory is common for all the system and which invironment it is ? Dev , Qua or Prd. Look if you want to change the oracle directory then you can change it with BRTOOLS and define the data fiels to that directory, and second thing if your usr/sap/trans directory is not common then you can create a same dirctory directory on to F drive and and change the trans direcotry location via STMS. then your next transport files will bi generated in to new location

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks, I noted. But how i configure in STMS, please give me notes to configure usr/sap/trans directory to F drive.

Regards,

Samy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you are using a central tp directory.

1. Copy the trans directory to the new Drive (F:).

2. Give the new trans directory all the access/permissions as the preious one.

3. Rename the old trans directory as trans_old. Don't delete it initially. You can delete after the new one starts working fine.

4. Login to the System and go to AL11. Check if you are able to access DIR_TRANS. If yes its fine. If not check the path.

5. Also check if STMS -> System Overview -> System -> transport tool -> Transport directory points to the correct directory. It should because you are not changing the name of the directory or the server.

This should be enough!