cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageArea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation here regarding MessageArea UI element implementation.

I have 2 views.. say A and B. Both the screens have their own MessageArea UI element. Both the views are mapped to the same component controller.

Now I am opening view B as a popup window on the click of a Button in View A.

In this case, all the exception messages of view B are being displayed in the MessageArea of View A instead of View B.

Please provide me solutions to fix issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just put the MessageArea UI in your viewB and remove it from your viewA.

It will solve your problem.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Dec 19, 2007 11:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I cannot remove the MessageArea UI element from View A as I need to display the exceptional messages of View A in its respective MessageArea.

The situation is I need to display the exceptional messages of View A and View B in their respective MessageAreas.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check that the messages are displayed by default on a popup window or not in your version.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you just need to make the visibility of the MessageArea of viewA to NONE.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

As suggested by you, I made the visibility of MeaasgeArea of View A when I wish to display the error messages in MessageArea of View B and vice versa.

But, its not working still.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

U had asked me to check whether "the messages are displayed by default on a popup window or not in your version".

Well, can I didnt exactly get you what you asked for. Can you please explain again? My problem is still unsolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I mean here is, In any other popup window on the same system messages are displayed or not.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have messageArea in both the views. When the exception is raised from your viewB (Popup window) then make the visibility of the messageArea of viewA to NONE. When the exception is raised from the viewA then make the messageArea of viewA to visible.

I don't find any reason why it is not working. Can you explain what is the problem now.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem has been solved.

I was using window.close() to close the popup window , ie View B.

Instead, when I used window.destroy() to close the popup window, I am getting the desired output.

Thanks to all of you.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sayan,

Refer this link.It is same as ur requirement.

It will surely solve ur problem

Regards,

karthik.