cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Web Service from CRM using proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem trying to call a web service from CRM (WAS 620) via XI 3.0. The response that XI recieves from the web service contains SOAP Envelope, and the mapping fails because of it. I built the proxy manually, because if I load WSDL the proxy generation in CRM generates error that sais that external definition coudn't be used.

Is there any way to remove SOAP envelope from the response while mapping?

Is it possible to call web service from WAS 620?

Thanks!!!!

Anya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the SOAP adapter to comunicate with the Web Service?

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give the exact error text?

The SOAP adapter is supposed to just pass the XML to XI.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

SOAP adapter does pass the message to XI (this message contains SOAP envelope although XI expects to get message without it), and during the mapping step i get "Runtime Exception in Message-Mapping transformatio~".

I suppose it's because i created proxy manually. I did so because when i imported WSDL, and tried to generate proxy in CRM, i got an error message that said that proxy couldn't be generated because external definitions are only allowed in XI 3. But my XI version is 3.0! And when I generate the same proxy in my R/3 system that is installed on WAS 640, it works.

What can I do?

Cheers,

Anya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Its the task of the SOAP adapter to append the SOAP header, thats how its been built. If you already have the document in the SOAP format then you can just use the Plain HTTP Adapter. That will definitely work.

Cheers,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

My problem is not sending a request message to web service, but in the response XML that XI should transfer to CRM (i'm working with sync proxy).

Cheers,

Anya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna

If you want to remove the soap envelope from the response, i guess you can do that by writing an XSLT mapping which would transform the response in the format you require.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Can you give me please more information about how and where I can do this?

Thanks,

Anya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've solved my problem

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers,

Anya.