cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 adpater-- Configuration details for both SND and RCV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some details for both AS2 sender and receiver adapter.

Sender AS2 adapter :

1. Use Proxy

Use Authentication

Which one we need to use?

2. what is this Proxy Realm or Authentication Realm??

3. Whether we need to enable Hostname check & HTTP keep alive? what is the purpose of these settings?

4. what is this Message subject ?? the content of this comes from the file name or file data?

5. Server certificate and private key authentication?? do we need to get these from partner system??

Receiver AS2 adapter :

1. Here also the same question when we need to use Proxy settings and when we need to use Authentication settings.

2. Dynamic attributes??

Use dynamic attributes

Use non-empty attributes.

What are the information we need to ask partner system to get the connection??

Please reply if anyone worked on these AS2 settings.

Thank You.

Regards

Krupakar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got answers from SDN post threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

Sender Adapter..

1.You can use both use proxy and use authentication.depends upon the requirement.

when you use proxy you have to give proxy server name and all parameters.That means proxy server acts like your actual server.To pass this data through the AS2 apdapter U hv to specify th following parameters.

Proxy Server : Your proxy server.

Proxy Port :The port of the proxy server.

Proxy User: User for optional authentication.

Proxy Password: Password for optional authentication.

Proxy Realm: Realm for optional authentication.

2. REALM

A realm is a part of Yanel which has its own configuration and repository. This allows you to run several subsites (which are independent of one another) in a single Yanel instance. For example, each department in your company can have its own realm. This allows one department to use its database as a content repository and another to use the filesystem to provide the content to Yanel

So proxy realm means u r authorized to use the proxy server

You use Use Authentication for -

>Used to enable/disable basic authentication.

Use Authentication Used to enable/disable basic authentication.

User: User for basic authentication.

Password: Password for basic authentication.

Realm: Realm for basic authentication.

3. if u check these options for the following purpose.

SSL Hostname Check: Validate common name with server name.

HTTP Timeout:Timeout in seconds for waiting for server

response.

4.Message Subject: This subject will be compared with the subject in the received message. This is used to find the

correct channel for the inbound message. Wildcards are allowed.Its the file data.

5. Your partne rwill provide u these details.

Receiver Adapter:

1.If u use the same in sender side then u hv to verify it again in the receiver system. Then only the communication is established.

3.u must have the AS2ID and the certificates.

THAnks

MAnas

reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manas,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

1. Once we done all the settings.Can we be able to access there server ??I mean can we see the files in that server?

Can you please elaborate on Message Subject.

2. If the file is coming as "Orders_EDI" then is it mandatory that i need to give the "Orders_EDI" name in Message subject?

Pls Correct me if im wrong?

3. Is the AS2 ID is the WAN number of the partner system?

4. Certificates , we need to get from partner??

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Krupakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly refer to this thread:

you get loads of information on AS2 configuration.

Regards,

Gourav

---

reward points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav ,

Thanks for the link.

I browsed all these links before and i got most of the information except for the above points which i mentioned.

I know abt the functionality of seeburger.I just want to know few settings in AS2 adapter which i raised above.

Please share your answers if you know.

Thanks

Krupakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Once we done all the settings.Can we be able to access there server ??I mean can we see the files in that server?

Can you please elaborate on Message Subject.

This subject will be compared with the subject in the received message. This is used to find the correct channel for the inbound message.

2. If the file is coming as "Orders_EDI" then is it mandatory that i need to give the "Orders_EDI" name in Message subject?

Pls Correct me if im wrong? yes u r correct.

3. Is the AS2 ID is the WAN number of the partner system?

yes its a WAN number provided by the WAN provider which is need to recognise from which partner the data came.

4. Certificates , we need to get from partner??

u need to implement the certificate and then u need to use that in the configuration.

Hope i have cleared ur doubts

thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks a lot.

Final question.

So in the Message subject , we will be giving the File name of the incoming message?

and i didn't get the answer for the below question.

1. Once we done with all the settings by giving proxy and authentication settings.Can we be able to access there server ??I mean can we see the files in that server?

Kindly share ur inputs.

Thank You.

Krupakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can give the * in message subject it will accept all the files. I suggest try to give * and then check.

1. Once we done with all the settings by giving proxy and authentication settings.Can we be able to access there server ??I mean can we see the files in that server?

Have u installed the AS2 server on XI.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Welcome back..!

// You can give the * in message subject it will accept all the files. I suggest try to give * and then check. //

So u mean to say that file name has to be given in the Message subject.?

// Have u installed the AS2 server on XI. //

Yes installation completed.im just wondering the settings to be given in AS2 adapter for snd and rcv.

Do u have any idea on Proxy Realm?? what is this?

Thanks for ur reply.

Krupakar.

Edited by: krupakar reddy on Dec 21, 2007 8:48 AM

Former Member

HI,

I could not recollect whether I have used the file name as message subject or some value which is coming in the file in the message subject, most of the time i have used the * for message subject.

But u can give a try and check and if u find the asnwer then please update me as well.

There are two parameters one is HTTP where u will give the AS2 information and other one is PROXY where u will give the proxy server informattion.

Now for AS2:

Trading partners require the name, the port and the URL-Path of your XI server (or adapter engine), in order to send their AS2 messages and MDNs to the AS2 adapter.

Per default, the port is set to "50000". This setting can be modified over the SAP XI system’s HTTP server configuration. The URL-Path cannot be configured. It is: /SeeburgerAS2/AS2Server

So in general the complete URL is:

HTTP://<your-xi-server>:50000/SeeburgerAS2/AS2Server

The default SSL port is 50001. A connection to the AS2 server can be established via SSL by entering

HTTPs://<your-xi-server>:50001/SeeburgerAS2/AS2Server

Proxy Realm

Realm for optional authentication.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chirag,

1. So u mean to say the HTTP information has to given in the rcv AS2 adapter to receive MDN's.?

2. To connect to there servers , We need to provide either Proxy or User Authentication details??

3. AS2 ID will be WAN number of the partners?

Pls confirm for the above queries.

ThankYou

Krupakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. So u mean to say the HTTP information has to given in the rcv AS2 adapter to receive MDN's.?

For MDN's there is a option in the communication like MDN mode Select one of the following:

• SYNC to request a synchronous MDN,

• ASYNC to request an asynchronous MDN,

• NONE if no MDN is requested

So it is again depends upon the requirement.

2. To connect to there servers , We need to provide either Proxy or User Authentication details??

Your partner always send a message to AS2 server which is installed on XI so that is required and its B2B so u r using the proxy server u that is also required.

3. AS2 ID will be WAN number of the partners?

The value of the Agency field must be Seeburger.

•The value of the Schema field must be AS2ID.

The AS2ID that is entered here will be used for identifying the sender and receiver of the document

This is used in party identifier tab.

Thnx

Chirag