cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call JSP from Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to call a JSP page from web dynpro to set cookies on client side. I'm running 2004s SP12.

Since I'm limited to using Pie03Client rendering mode, iFrame and window.createNonModalWindow() do not function at all. So, I'm running out of ideas how else it could be done.

Is there a way to call a JSP page sitting in my MIMEs folder using Java API? The JSP can run in the background since all it does is call some JavaScript to set client cookies.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

your JSP page is running well on the mobile device? That's a prerequisite. If you want to navigate between WD and JSP, you could use the suspend and resume plugs, as described here:

[Suspend and Resume Plugs|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/68/3aee42c4257176e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

You have to have a URL for you JSP to call and you can give parameters.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefanie! That's exactly what I was looking for, but didn't know there was a way to come back into an existing web dynpro session from JSP.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately, I am not using the portal and running my web dynpro through a URL as a stand-alone app. Thus, portal eventing is not an option for me.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you're using a portal then you can use portal eventing for Web Dynpro-JSPDynPage communication.

1) The Web Dynpro will raise event.

2) The DynPage will subscribe to this event (and do client side stuff)

Both projects must be on the same portal page, you can set the JSPDynPage iview's size to 1x1 this way you won't see it on screen...

Regards,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that one using WD Navigation. For that you have to create two iViews one for WebDynpro and one for JSPDynpage and using WD navigation you cna navigate from WD iView to JSP iView.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

You can put a linktoUrl UI element in your container and set the name of the jsp page in the source.

Regards,

Murtuza