cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Mode disabled, Layout and publication mode not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While working in the data manager, i see that the family mode is diabled. Also, the layout and Publication mode arent visible. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

In order to see Family Mode in the Data Manager you need to make sure that you have a Family table set up in the Console. You will need to define which taxonomy/hierarchy table to base the families on.

Layout Mode and Publication Mode are no longer part of the Data Manager. This functionality is now known as the Publisher and is a separate install from the Data Manager. You will also need to have the Layout Server loaded to run the Publisher.

Hope this helps.

Post if you still need more information.

Regards,

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

To view the family mode:

In the console you should have family table set up

For Publication & layout mode:

In the new releases of SAP MDM 5.5 from SP4 and above releases,

you will find MDM publisher: in this you will do the layout and publication. To open publisher you have to install MDM layout server.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim, Srini

Thanks you so much for the inputs. I need to get more familiar with the product. Do any of you have any idea about the MDM certification? the prerequisites for it!

thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

Best place to start is probably review the reference guides for MDM. They can be found here.

[service.sap.com/installMDM]

These will describe all of the MDM modules in detail.

Also, check out Michal's response on this post.

[;

Link to certification information.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/406b9c5d-8871-2910-b18a-93fc693c1304] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Tim

Edited by: Tim Witte on Dec 19, 2007 10:00 AM