cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP development license and AAK install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the ABAP development license? Is it a license that has to be registered within our SAP system that our development is done on? Or is it just a license number that we reference on our test reports, certification etc? Just wondering what work, if any, is involved here.

AAK install. Is this just a typical install through SAINT?

Thanks.

Regards,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clausc
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you already have a regular SAP installation with installation number, then the Devel License is just a registration, with which you are allowed to develop and ship ABAP coding, register a namespace and order the AAK. You have to request the Devel License through your local sales office.

The AAK itself is shipped as SAP add-on and is imported through SAINT.

Regards, Christoph Claus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Roy, Scott and Abraham,

Yes, indeed you will have to maintain such a development landscape, purchasing development license is not sufficient. Every customer Add-on must be delivered using a development namespace (i.e. /ABC/<name_of_object>), it is not advisable to delivered Add-on in customer namespace (i.e. starting with Z***).

AAK or Add-on Assembly Kit will be delivered to only those vendors who sign up for ABAP Add-on certification with ICC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srini

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to ask a question regarding the namespace.

My firm intends to sell multiple ABAP Add-On products. I asked my ICC consultant and he suggested maintaining multiple namespaces, one for each product.

Would it not be feasible to maintain 1 namespace and assign each product to their own exclusive package(s)?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

My company is in the middle of certification process to our ABAP Add-on.

Currently we did all the development on our customer environment.

I am wondering what are the consequences of purchasing a development license of our own… as far as I understood, SAP ICC demand that you have a development license of you own, but does that mean that I actually need to install an SAP environment in my company? Because that is something that we really want to avoid – we do not need SAP for our use and also the maintenance of such an environment requires too many sources. Is it possible to use our own development license on customer site?

Thanks,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Since I am not employed by SAP I do not think I am the proper person to be answering your question. But based on steps required to certify the development, I would assume that one would need to have their own environment.

Regards,

Scott

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I am in your current situation.Could you shed some light on how you progressed further after your above mentioned dilemma.

Thanks,

Abraham