cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create solution manager configuration user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a configuration user for SolMan.

On page 24 of the Configuration Guide for SAP Solution Manager 4.0 as of SP12, there is a reference to "Online documentation for IMG (transaction SPRO) -> chapter Create Solution Manager Configuration User" for the Authorizations for Customizing.

I have looked for this chapter in:

help.sap.com

www.sdn.sap.com

service.sap.com

but have had no luck finding it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem

Here is the online help of this point of the IMG:

Create Solution Manager Configuration User

Use

This IMG activity creates users for Solution Manager configuration (ABAP Stack). Assign the SAP_ALL authorization to your system administrator to configure your Solution Manager System. The authorization object S_RFCACL, which is not part of the SAP_ALL profile, is required, to generate trusted RFC connections.

Activities

1. Create a user role in the Solution Manager System and in all satellite systems, or add the following authorization objects to an existing user role:

Profile SAP_ALL

Authorization object S_RFCACL

To ensure the security of your system landscape, give the value RFC_USER = ' ' to the authorization object S_RFCACL.

2. Create a user, and assign the role or profiles described above, to it.

See SAP note 840516: Profiles and role instances.

Note:

For further information about authorization and authorization objects, see the SAP Solution Manager configuration guide (from Support Package 06).

For trusted RFC connections, you must create the same user (ID) in the Solution Manager system and the satellite systems.

You need the role SAP_SDCCN_ALL in the satellite systems, to be able to activate the Service Data Control Center, centrally, in the satellite system.

For information about trusted/trusting relationships between SAP systems, see SAP note 128447.

FYI:

It´s in IMG --> SAP Solution MAnager >Configuration>Basic Settings-->Standard Config of Basic Settings -->Solution Manager >Authorizations/Users>Create Solman Config User (click on the sheet with the glasses to display the online help)

Best regards

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antonio, that´s what I was looking for. The answer was right under my nose, which maybe is why I did not see it

Anyways, I didn't like the fact that this "online documentation" suggests SAP_ALL for this user. I was hoping for something more subtle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

i have seen your posts here it was good and i need some help from you i have installed Solution Manager 4.0 SP12 on windows system and i have Dev, and Prd Systems in my landscape so i have add these two systems in my solman could you give some notes for Post Activity steps and adding systems into solman etc,.,

Thanks in Advance

Chandu

Answers (0)