cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supressing Data Loss popups in DP Planning Book

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to supress the annyoying "Data Loss - Save Data?" popups that come in DP planning book specifically during edit mode while navigating from one planning object to the other in the hitlist?

This happens even without having changed any data and is becoming really very annoying. Is there any parameter ID that supresses such popups ?

I have validated that this is caused by macros but am not sure which one since there are many in the list. Is there any configuration in the macro to avoid such datasave popups ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just in case....

the parameter for default entry into display mode is /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE with parameter value I

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish, Incidentally we are using /SAPAPO/SDP94_D_MODE with A for some other purpose. I did try changing it to I but still not able to supress the popups. We understand the risk of not saving the data but at this time the popup is way too much annoying for the planners and they are ready to bear the risk of not saving.

I understand that some macros are causing this but they are doing the functions desired of them very well. So we do not want to change the macros, however if there is any change we can make without affecting the functionality we can consider that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I normally advice users to set up their user parameters so that they always enter a planning book in display mode and change into Edit mode only when they are ready for data entry

This suppresses the pop up and also avoids "data lock" popups

But if you want to suppress this popup am sure you would be able to get into debug mode to find the function module doing this... but if you are going to suppress it there is really a danger of losing data when you change and forget to save