cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in fixing table inconsistency where database <> runtime DD

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One of our consultants some time ago added an extension to the VBAP table and then later on decided to change the name of one of the fields in that extension.

I don't know what happened during the activation, but what I am left with in our development area is the following message when we run "check - Databaes Object" from within SE14:

Database object for VBAP is inconsistent: (Fields)

Fields: Inconsistent with the runtime object

Followed by a list of fields where the one offending field is marked in red.

I tried doing a force conversion to fix it, but to no avail - same error. Other than fixing up the database manually ( and I'm assuming that's a VERY BAD idea ), I have no idea how to fix this.

What this is preventing us from doing is building a new client on our development box where we will then have a full set of production data to develop with ( we have the room for what some call a luxury but what I call a necessity ).

I also tried "Adjust and activate" and got the same issue.

We are on SAP v700 with MS-SQL version 2005.

I know that the data can be deleted and then the table re-created to fix this issue, but there is a small amount of data in a small client that I would really like to keep if at all possible.

Looked in my BC-425 book too to no avail plus searched this forum.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think one can give credit to themselves, but here is what I ended up doing to fix this issue. This was on advice from one of our functional consultants.

1 - Use SE11 to add the missing extension back. Make sure you name it exactly as the missing entry.

2 - Activate it - you will get an error saying that there are 2 entries of the same name in the table

3 - Go back into SE11 and remove it

4 - Activate once again

Both are now removed and a subsequent check using SE14 on the table proves that the database DD and the SAP DD matched up.

I'm sure the person who answered this is on this site - anyone know how to give points credit to someone who didn't reply ?