cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Connection Jobs Continue to Run After Network Issues

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

We've got 7.0 SP13 installed in our DEV and QAS environments. We connect to iSeries DB2 tables using a JDBC connection. We recently experienced a network issue that shutdown PI. Problem is that the system jobs used to connect to the iSeries are still running and still requiring more and more temporary storage. We've rebooted our PI boxes but still these connection jobs continue to run and gobble up more memory.

Are we missing something in our configuration of these communication channels that will force these jobs to end???

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this happenning in PI box? The memory problem? Check the periodicity of the sender JDBC channel. Shut them off if you do not want to poll the data from DB2

VJ

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

iSeries is on a separate server altogether. JDBC connection to the iSeries is setup through the communication channel.

Problem is that the network issue that disconnected PI from the iSeries left these communication jobs running on the iSeries.

Rebooting PI only created MORE of these communication jobs.

Thanks for the reply VJ, but I don't believe the poll interval would help me in this case.

Chad

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rebooting PI would not stop from creting jobs right.. since PI is asked to do that via the channels.. You have to kill the old jobs on the iSeries manually..!!

So.. what problem are you trying to troubleshoot actually??

VJ

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

I'd like to avoid having these orphaned communication jobs altogether.

Wouldn't be so bad if they just sat there and did nothing. Some of them are actually acquiring additional resources over and over again.

Is the manual ENDJOB process the only way???

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be so..!! Since there is no one waiting for them to get completed on the PI side..!! right???

VJ

Answers (0)