cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling in RFC->JDBC sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having scenario RFC<->XI<->JDBC(Sync),and its working fine also.

Suppose exception occur in RFC->JDBC request mapping,Now is it possible to pass the error back to R/3 ?

If parsing error occurs in JDBC adapter how to catch this error in error structure of rfc ?

We observed that if any exception occurs on request side , response mapping will not get executed can anybody explain me why this is happening ?

Thanks in advance,

Tuhin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can u describe how u setup a RFC JDBC SYNC scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the JDBC call fails, the caller RFC will usually get serror error exception. You will not be able to send back the JDBC error. But you could raise an alert if a the jdbc call fails.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your reply but any way to inform R/3 that exception occured in JDBC adapter or something like that i know raising alert is one option but any othe solution ?

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the call fails, RFC gets sy-subrc=6 . To the best of my knowledge there is no way top actually capture the JDBC error and send it back to R3.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tuhin,

I was also trying a similar scenario RFC<->XI<->HTTP but i am unable to receive information in the calling RFC module at R/3 end. can you tell me what configuration or code you have done for making a synchronous RFC sender.

Regards

Gopesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopesh,

U should follow the steps as below.

1.Create TCT/IP connection with t-code SM59

in R/3 and give program id (it is case sensitive also).

2.Give same program name in Sender RFc communication channel.Check that this channel is register in your R/3 system with t-code SMGW(Gate way monitor)

Only this much extra config I have done.

Thanks,

Tuhin