cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC debugging only possible with dialog user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completed SOAP-XI-ABAP Proxy scenario.

Now i want to debug ABAP server proxy.

I went and deregistered the ques and when i tried to debug theni am getting "RFC debugging only possible with dialog user" error.

even in the utilities>settings>ABAP Editor-->Debugging screen i am giving my HTTP RFC destination user name , but then i place External break point i am getting same "Logon with a dialog user" error.

NOTE: for XI adapter configuration i am using Addressing Type = HTTP Destination and HTTP Destination = my RFC destination name.

Any help please..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

if u wanted to debug the server proxy u can do it in follow the below weblog"

Debugging Inbound Proxy:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/07/28/xi-debug-your-inbound-abap-proxy-implementation

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct.

But previously i debugged the proxy class from Ques and from putting external break point. I am wondering why i can not do this time.

What it is asking for . which user it should be dialog user. Is it refering to RFC user? how to find out whether the user is dialog user or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user needs to be a 'service' or a 'dialog' user. Typically, an RFC user is a 'system' user and is unable to start a dialog process, which you need in case of debugging.

you can check the user type via t. code SU01 if you have authorization.

in your testing environment, you can change the rfc comm. channel and enter your user-id, and then when you set external break-point with your user-id, it should work.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

>NOTE: for XI adapter configuration i am using Addressing Type = HTTP Destination and HTTP Destination = my RFC destination name.

In your case the user mentioned in the RFC Destination is a system user. If you want to debug proxy calls using the way you want to then you would need to change the user mentioned in RFC Destination to a system user.

Once you change the user to a dialog user.(Remember to change the user back to the earlier one once you are done with the testing)

You would then need to activate external debugging for the dialog user you mentioned in the RFC destination.

Any specific reason why you want to debug the proxy this way? If you want to debug using the above way you would need quite some additional work to do.

I would suggest you to follow the way as mentioned by Stefan Grube in his blog. Your purpose is still sovled.. Right ?

Regards,

Sumit