cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody teach me some basic knowledge about SD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I work in BW but I have to know some basic knowledge about SD that are listed below:

How to create a sales order?

what is sales organization?

what is sold to party and many more if you have any links for this kind of information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

York

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Les York,

What you want to know is a vast subject and it will be better to sit with any SD consultant and know all you want. I can do that if you are in Hyderabad.

To briefly tell you what you wanted is:

A Sales Organization is the highest organizational element in any Sales Department of a Company and it is responsible for all the sales activity of that company.

A Sold-to-Party (SP) is non other than your basic Customer. We call him so because he may have a different place where sometimes we have to give deliveries and that place / department will be called as a Ship to Party (SH) of our SP. Like wise if you have a different place to send the Invoice of that SP, then that department will be known as the Bill to Party (BP) for this SP. And if some body other than our SP is paying, then he will be our Payer (PY).

Now to make a Sales Order, go to T Code - VA01, enter, enter your Sales Document Type and your Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, your Division and hit enter, now enter your SP no., and your customer's PO no., and the Material(s) and their respective quantities and if all the basic customization has been done correctly, you will get the Price, Plant, Storage Location, etc., and you can save it.

Then you do your Delivery and finally the Billing depending on your client's buiseness process.

SAP help desk is the best place to help you with all your queries regarding SAP - SD, for Sales Documents I can give you this link, remove all the spaces and use it.

www. help. sap. com/ saphelp_47x200/ helpdata/ en/ dd55fa7a545a11d1a7020000 e 829fd11/ content.htm

Hope this was clear. Plz do reward if you found useful.

Regards.

Venkat - Hyd

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Venkat Ramana Somayajula on Dec 18, 2007 11:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. But I am in Dallas, Tx right know. I will send you an email and let me we you can able to talk to me over the phone.

Thank you.

York.

Answers (0)