cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services Creation in WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to send data from XI to R/3 WAS 6.20. Is it possible to create a Webservice in WAS 6.20 further if yes, then can I create the Webservices based on Message Interface deifined in WAS 6.20 or I need to create a specific Function Module in R/3 for the same which has the same structure as the outbound Message Interface in XI

Kindly throw some light on the same.

Best Regards

Swetank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetank,

You can expose RFC enabled function module as web service in WAS 620.

Go to SE80 transaction and the open BSP application, "WEBSERVICEBROWSER". Run this application.

Now, provide your function module name. It will show its WSDL. Use this WSDL to call your function module as web service.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik

Thanks for your reply, but due to a typical business requirement here I need to do things vice versa, can I create a RFC FM from a WSDL which I already have.

As my message interface in XI already exist and I need to create a Web services based on my existing WSDL.That means I need to create a RFC based on existing WSDL which can then be exposed as WebService?.

Further also kindly let me know how do I create Virtual Interface and concurrent steps to define a Web Service for my RFC keeping in mind WAS 6.20, which does not have a Wizard for creating one.

Best Regards

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetank,

You cannot create Webservice, means RFC, based on WSDL. WSDL only gives you the description of your web servcie.

Second, For the RFC in WAS 6.20 you cannot create VI interface and others. You only get a link to service running in SICF transaction which handles your Web servcie request and calls RFC.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (0)